The population of Almost Reno, New Mexico, were rendered sterile by atomic tests. In an effort to control mutantkind, Odysseus Indigo's Damocles Foundation approached them, and offered to return their ability to have children. The Damocles Foundation injected the townspeople with both mutant and deviant DNA, which restored their fertility and ensured that any of their children would be born superhuman, and thus ideal test subjects for Indigo.
One of these children was Zak, whose skin mutated into an organic rock form. Eventually, he and Mary were the last children left in the town, and the Foundation moved in to claim them. They were rescued by X-Force, and although Indigo swore that he would reclaim them one day, he himself was defeated in short order by the mutant team.
Zak had superhumanly tough skin made from organic rock. Though his powers did not appear to have destabilized him to the same extent as some of the other children of the town, he nevertheless appeared to have been losing his ability to speak.
- Zak bears a striking resemblance to the Thing but is grey in color instead of orange.
- Zak is a fan of the music group The Shirelles.
- 1 Appearances of Zachary (Almost Reno) (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Zachary (Almost Reno) (Earth-616)
- Media Zachary (Almost Reno) (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 1 Images featuring Zachary (Almost Reno) (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Zachary (Almost Reno) (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Zachary (Almost Reno) (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|