In accordance with the naming conventions, it has been suggested that this page be moved to:
Yu Huang was born in Earth realm millennia after the purging of the Elder Gods. He was the mortal Crown Prince of the Pure Blissful Kingdom of Lofty Heavenly Lights and Ornaments (within modern-day China) and achieved wisdom and enlightenment at a very early age.
Yu Huang ascended to the kingdom's throne upon his father's death.
Yu Huang has attended several meetings of the Council of Godheads. A few instances known are attending to discuss the threat of the Celestials in 1000 A. D. He later gave a portion of life-energy to restore the Asgardians to life following their deaths in battle with the Celestials.
He attended a meeting of the Council Elite to determine whether Thor was worthy to succeeded Odin and voiced concern about Thor's actions, including breaking the noninterference covenant of on Earth, but disagreed with the other gods when Thor fed starving people in one of the trials he passed to prove his fitness, breaking the oath of gods to leave mortal men in charge of their own destiny, doubting Thor ever pledge that oath.
|Power Grid |
|* Stats augmented by magical energies|
Yu-Huang is one of the most powerful Chinese gods. Yu Huang can manipulate massive amounts of cosmic and magical energy for nearly any purpose. He can create energy shields, force blasts, and travel between dimensions among numerous other uses. As a god, he is virtually immortal. He does not age and cannot die from mortal poisons, disease, or other common forms of injury. If he is injured he will heal superhumanly fast. He often channels his powers through a Chinese sword known as a jian.
It is unknown how his energy powers compare to other gods like Odin or Zeus.
Yu Huang has great knowledge of Eastern history, philosophy and magical lore, especially of Chinese origin. He has memorized the preaching of Confucius, Buddha and other Eastern sages and often dispenses wisdom and knowledge to those willing to ask for it.
Traditionally, the Jade Emperor Yu Huang is depicted wearing an emperor's robes. In the Marvel Universe, he has always been depicted in armor.
- 10 Appearances of Yu-Huang (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Yu-Huang (Earth-616)
- Media Yu-Huang (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 1 Images featuring Yu-Huang (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Yu-Huang (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Yu-Huang (Earth-616)
- Yu Huang at the Appendix to the Marvel Universe
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 Thor & Hercules: Encyclopaedia Mythologica #1; Yu Huang's entry
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Thor Vol 2 #61
- ↑ Thor & Hercules: Encyclopaedia Mythologica #1
- ↑ Thor & Hercules: Encyclopaedia Mythologica #1; Xian's entry
- ↑ Thor #300-301
- ↑ Thor & Hercules: Encyclopaedia Mythologica #1; Yu Huang's entry
- ↑ Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A-Z hardcover Vol. 13
|Like this? Let us know!|