In accordance with the naming conventions, it has been suggested that this page be moved to:
Creation of the Universe
Yahweh allegedly created Earth-616 and all its multiple realities, including Duckworld, along with other universes (and the laws of physics), and that his job was "a contribution to a collective work called "Existence". Such Universes were created for various reasons: Aesthetic expression, intellectual exercise, entertainment value, money.
This creation was a contract of UR&D (Universe Research and Development) supplier (God described his work as being "a supplier" rather than a creator), and legally speaking he isn't the Universe's creator.
Yahweh had a lot of trouble validating his Universe to the committee. While they loved the pitch and the multi-layered concept and all, both budget and intelligent life were problematic (as they were the only sentient life-forms at the time). Yahweh tried to settle for limited brain capacity, but eventually had to create Death (in order to prevent competition between them and the new life-forms). To negate that, Yahweh decided to add evolution in hiding, causing the life spans of those new life-forms to extend through science (and causing later the committee to try to destroy Earth with asteroids), and the Afterlife.
Creation of Man
Yahweh reportedly created the first people from the very dust of the earth, but they were often tempted and lead into sin by beings claiming to be Satan, who may or may not be Mephisto, or any number of other Hell-Lords.
Allegedly, when God looked down at the Earth and saw the wickedness of man, he caused the Flood. Once the flood went away, he put a rainbow in the sky as a promise to the survivors (that survived in an ark) that he would never again smite every living thing on Earth.
As humanity didn't change, God decided to intervene, and thus the Spirits of Vengeance were born: a vestige of God's own power, bonded to human host. Those Spirits were placed into the care and overseeing of Zadkiel.
At some point, he also created Zoroastrianism as kind of his "little practical joke".
He then had a psychotic episode in Galilee, due to the interaction between the Dilithium supposed to control his tripolar disorder and an antidepressant. which seemingly caused the impregnation of Mary of Nazareth with the child Jesus.
Yahweh eventually married the woman from the "psychotic incident", and stayed together with her for centuries. After almost two millennia of life together, his wife left him due to his drinking and possibly to the age difference as well.
He apparently has attended gatherings of the Godheads.
Since 1938 and Adolf Hitler, God started drinking at bender-level, going at Job's Place in Hell. He suffered from a tripolar disorder causing his appearance as the Triune: God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. He also sometimes went trolling for virgins. During that time, he didn't spoke to anybody.
After Howard the Duck helped defeat Deuteronomy, an angel/demon hybrid destined to replace him, then ended up in Hell, he was led by Cherub Thrasher to Job's Place where God waited for him to thank him. He also revealed him that he didn't inspired the writing of the sacred texts (Old Testament, New Testament, the Qu'ran, the Vedas or the divine book version of Duckworld, and that he was working on a screenplay.
This power was stolen by the fallen angel Zadkiel who used it to conquer Heaven and usurp Yahweh's place as the ruler of creation. Eventually, the Ghost Riders were able to stop Zadkiel, then repel the demonic horde of Kid Blackheart, securing the Holy City. Yahweh took back control of Heaven, and thanked Johnny Blaze via his wife Roxanne, but Blaze angrily stated that God would have to fight his own battles in the future. Zadkiel ended up to Hell, in the hands of Lucifer.
Since 1938 and Adolf Hitler, God started drinking at bender-level. He suffered from a tripolar disorder causing his appearance as the Triune: God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. He also sometimes went trolling for virgins. During that time, he did not speak to anybody.
At his son's discontentment, he gladly invited to abdicate.
God could make Ghost Riders.
He could also cast illusions, notably to make "revelations".
Allegedly, Yahweh has little skills in computers, as he stated he was still trying to learn his project management software.
- God seemingly has a drinking problem since 1938 due to what happened with Hitler, and has been aggressive while drunk.
- Mental and psychological issues:
- Tripolar disorder: God suffers from a tripolar disorder, which make him appear under the form of the Triune: God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit, He also had anger tantrums. He treated his disorder using Dilithium.
- Possible depression: He seemingly suffered from depression, as he used antidepressants, which caused psychotic episode in interaction with the Dilithium.
- Possible sociopathy: Yahweh considered himself to possibly be a sociopath.
- Insecurity: Yahweh stated he was so insecure he needed constant praise to keep his wrath at bay.
- Trans-Sabalians, seemingly Muslims, insisted on the separation between their God, and the one of the Americans, the Judeo-Christian God, while Ghost Rider Molek stated that the perceptions were shaped by faith, but that there was only one source of power for the Spirits of Vengeance (himself calling it Allah), while Caretaker Sara saw it in "God", and Ghost Rider Baron Skullfire would see Papa Legba (of the Vodu).
- God rejected to have divinely inspired either the Old Testament, New Testament, the Qu'ran, the Vedas or the divine book version of Duckworld, claiming that he didn't write that badly, stating that those were too much afflicted by internal contradiction, continuity errors and plot holes.
- He also rejected the concept of religion, and get along better with unbelievers.
- God being a noun, God prefers to be called "Yah", short for Yahweh, feeling it has a positive ring and sort of a rock-and-roll feel.
- While exclaiming, he say "Me" instead of "God".
- 7 Appearances of Yahweh (Earth-616)
- 7 Minor Appearances of Yahweh (Earth-616)
- Media Yahweh (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 3 Images featuring Yahweh (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Yahweh (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Yahweh (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Marvel Zombies Handbook #1; Demons' entry
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Marvel Zombies Handbook #1; Angels' entry
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 3.12 3.13 3.14 3.15 3.16 3.17 3.18 3.19 3.20 3.21 3.22 3.23 3.24 3.25 3.26 3.27 3.28 3.29 3.30 Howard the Duck Vol 3 #6
- ↑ Hellstorm #9
- ↑ Gambit Vol 3 #14
- ↑ Marvel Graphic Novel #20
- ↑ All-New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Update #3; Annunaki's entry, Dagon's second paragraph
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 Ghost Rider Vol 6 #31
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.3 9.4 9.5 9.6 9.7 9.8 Howard the Duck Vol 3 #5
- ↑ Avengers Vol 3 #27
- ↑ Dead of Night Featuring Devil-Slayer #3
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 12.2 12.3 12.4 Howard the Duck Vol 3 #4
- ↑ Amazing Spider-Man Vol 4 #1.5
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 All-New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe #3; Council of Godheads's entry
- ↑ Bible Tales for Young Folk #1
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 16.2 Ghost Rider Vol 6 #33
- ↑ Marvel Legacy #1
- ↑ 18.0 18.1 Ghost Rider Vol 6 #30
- ↑ Ghost Rider Vol 6 #19-33
- ↑ 20.0 20.1 Ghost Riders: Heaven's on Fire #6
- ↑ Ghost Rider Vol 5 #6
- ↑ Incredible Hulk #392
- ↑ X-Factor #76
|Like this? Let us know!|