The sovereign island nation of Xaviera was established at an unrevealed point in the future by the U.N, General Assembly Resolution GSXM1 to serve as a homeland for all mutants. Xaviera was presumably named in honor of Professor Charles Francis Xavier.
When Xaviera was first chartered as an independent states for mutants, the country served as a beacon, signaling a renaissance in Homo Superior arts, technology and politics. It was viewed by many to be the fulfillment of a dream. But a dream with an expiration date.
As mutants began to die off without propagating new ones to take their place, the population thinned, becoming vulnerable. Eventually - inevitably - the small island was invaded. The U.N. was unable or unwilling to intervene. And now the first mutant country's four remaining mutants (Anole, Diamondheart, Graymalkin, Ink, Wolverine) live as neighbors with their invaders.
Points of Interest
X-Men Tower - the tallest skyscraper on the entire island. Located at or near the center of the island. Serves as headquarters and home of the remaining X-Men.
Four peninsulas branching off the main land mass give the island a distinctive "X" shape.
- In principle, the island nations of Utopia and Genosha bare a striking resemblance to the sovereign island nation of Xaviera.
- U.N. General Assembly Resolution GSXM1 is probably a reference to Giant-Size X-Men #1.
- X-Men Tower is reminiscent of the classic Avengers Tower or Baxter Building.
- Appearances of Xaviera
- Minor Appearances of Xaviera
- Media Xaviera was Mentioned in
- Location Gallery: Xaviera
- Images related to Xaviera
- Marvel Staff members who were born in Xaviera