- A long ways from the big easy, Remy. And since when you workin' the side of the angels? Or did I just blow yer latest scam?
- -- Sabretooth
Appearing in "Farther Still"Edit
- The X-Men (Blue Team)
- Team X
- Janice Hollenbeck - (Only in flashback), (Death)
- Dazzler (Alison)
- Lila Cheney
- Meek - (First appearance)
- The Hand
- Omega Red
- Sabretooth (Creed) - (Main story and flashback)
- Major Domo
- Birdy - (First appearance)
- Dr. Cornelius
- Unnamed soldiers of Mojo
- Several unnamed Mojoworld rebels
Synopsis for "Farther Still"Edit
The X-Men are at Fenris’ secret lab in Berlin trying to rescue Wolverine. They've divided in to two teams, but Beast, Cyclops and Jubilee run into Omega Red and the three are defeated without effort. The other X-Men are in a different corridor fighting off the Hand when Fenris attacks Gambit, removing him from the fight and Matsu'o Tsurayaba takes control of Psylocke’s mind who in turn takes Rogue out with her psi-blade. A couple of blocks away in a subterranean cavern, Maverick is trying to save Wolverine’s life. While Wolverine is unconscious, he begins to remember his past about thirty years ago when he worked with Team X while trying to run from Omega Red.
Regaining consciousness, Logan hears the parameter alarm go off and sees Creed (Sabretooth) on a video screen going into Fenris’ lab. Maverick decides to move Wolverine and take him back to the German Embassy, and from there try to figure out where the C-Synthesizer is located. Sabretooth though, was brought in by Matsu'o Tsurayaba to hunt down Wolverine, so he and Psylocke go off to find Wolverine. Logan senses them coming for him and tells Maverick that unless he wants to face the two of them on his own, he had better release him from his hand cuffs.
So Maverick releases Wolverine in enough time, then Sabretooth shows up and the battle begins but only lasts around thirty seconds. Later, Matsu'o Tsurayaba sees Sabretooth dragging Wolverine and Maverick through the sewers and Matsu'o is quite pleased. Elsewhere Longshot, Dazzler, and Lila Cheney find themselves trapped in the Mojoverse, as Major Domo is blocking Lila‘s powers. They run from Mojo to find the freedom rebels base and from there, they start to plan their next attack on Mojo.
- Wolverine and Maverick remember the last time they fought Omega Red alongside Sabretooth, and their time as C.I.A. Operatives.
- This issue is reprinted in other comics and books, see references for more info.
- No trivia.
- X-Men Vol 2 #5 - Events leading up to this current storyline
- Uncanny X-Men #256 - Psylocke is controlled by The Hand
- Wolverine Vol 2 #50 - Wolverine remembers his time as a C.I.A. Operative in Team Weapon X
Links and ReferencesEdit
- X-Men at Wikipedia
- X-Men at Marvel Subscriptions
- X-Men series index at Comicbookdb.com
- X-Men series index at Uncanny X-Men.net
- X-Men series index at the Grand Comics Database Project
- The Unofficial Handbook of Marvel Comics Creators - accessed on 12/22/2009
|Like this? Let us know!|