Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- The greatest power on Earth is the magnificent power we all of us possess... the power of the human brain!
- -- Professor X
Appearing in "No One Can Stop the Vanisher!"Edit
- Professor X
- Bill (First appearance) (Fred Duncan's Asst.)
- Officer Smithers (First appearance)
- Unnamed New Yorkers
- Unnamed Merry Moppet ice cream man
- Unnamed bank manager
- Unnamed policemen
- United States Army
- Vanisher's gang members
- McDonnell XV-1 Convertiplane (First appearance)
Synopsis for "No One Can Stop the Vanisher!"Edit
Professor Xavier telepathically orders his students to return to the school. Once they return to the Mansion, Professor Xavier informs them that there is a new super-villain with mutant powers calling himself the Vanisher. Earlier in the day he had robbed the national bank by using his teleportation powers to escape from the bank's security guards. Professor Xavier sends his students off on extra training missions to prepare them for the upcoming fight with the Vanisher.
Meanwhile, the Vanisher announces his intent to steal the Pentagon's defensive plans along with his newly formed criminal organization. Professor Xavier receives word from his FBI informant, Agent Fred Duncan, that the Vanisher is preparing to make his move. The X-Men are asked to help stop the Vanisher so Professor Xavier sends them out to Washington, DC. The Vanisher steals the defense plans from the Pentagon but is quickly surrounded by the X-Men. After a short battle, the Vanisher is able to escape with the plans.
The next day, the Vanisher appears once again and demands that he be given 10 million dollars otherwise he will sell the defense plans to the country's enemies. A day later, the Vanisher and his criminal army appear in front of the White House to pick up their money, but find the X-Men waiting for them. Professor Xavier appears from behind his students and uses his powers to prevent the Vanisher from teleporting away, and then makes him lose his memory. With their leader rendered harmless, the criminals are easily defeated by the X-Men.
- This issue is reprinted in many other comics and books, see references for more info.
- This issue introduces the Vanisher, best remembered for his roles in the Factor Three storyline and the Fallen Angels mini-series.
- Lt. General Fredricks previously appeared in Fantastic Four #3. He becomes a minor recurring character in this series starting with this issue.
- This issue proves a well-known fact that comics during Silver Age had an air of "suspension of disbelief". This is shown by the fact that Iceman freezing a glove does not produce a frozen glove, but one that has been changed into ice cubes and falls apart.
- The police in this issue actually "assist" the Vanisher in robbing a bank. They intend to catch him since they think he will not be able to escape.
- Angel refers to Professor X as "Dr. X" when he is talking to Marvel Girl.
- The movie title that is seen to be playing at the movie theater is "A Teen-Ager's Tears".
- The ice cream truck that takes Cyclops and Iceman back to the X-Mansion is called "Merry Moppet Ice Cream Pops".
- In this issue the characters say that Marvel Girl uses teleportation abilities not telekinetic.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- ↑ Uncanny X-Men 2 "put at the disposal of the X-Men by the Department of Special Affairs" - narrator. Nov 1963, pg. 13.
- ↑ Reprinted in the following comics/TPB's:
|Like this? Let us know!|