Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- You know, Ororo, you really mustn't fight my psychic probes. The harder you resist, the more this will hurt. I don't want to hurt you, my dear. I want us to be... friends.
Appearing in "Run for Your Life!"Edit
- Hellfire Club
- X-Men skyship
Synopsis for "Run for Your Life!"Edit
Continued from last issue...
Kitty Pryde is being chased through the streets of Chicago by minions of the Hellfire Club that are bent on capturing her. They are stopped telekinetically by Phoenix, however when the X-Men try to calm Kitty, she panics and runs at first until Jean can calm her down. After a round of explanations, and learning that the other X-Men have been captured by the White Queen, Jean probes one of the soldiers sent to capture Kitty and learns about the Hellfire Club. This troubles Jean, as the Hellfire Club is the organization that the man in her "time slips" is affiliated with.
Soon, she, Cyclops, Nightcrawler and Dazzler smuggle themselves onto the property owned by Frost Industries, thanks to Jean's telepathy making it appear that the Hellfire Club soldiers had captured them. This even fools the White Queen who goes back to painfully extracting information from Storm's mind. Kitty meanwhile phases into the room where the other X-Men are held captive and manages to free Wolverine by putting her hand through the lock in his cage. She is spotted and stunned by a guard, however Wolverine is already free and pops his claws to deal with the guard. Just then, Phoenix and the others make their presence felt and attack the complex. As Cyclops, Nightcrawler and Dazzler go to help the others, Phoenix confronts the White Queen before she can use her mental powers to wipe out Storm's mind.
As Kitty, Colossus and Wolverine join the others they fight their way out of the complex, while Jean and White Queen lock in telepathic battle. Storm is horrified by Jean's show of power when her Phoenix effect emerged and overpowers the White Queen. Outside the other X-Men are about to turn back for Jean and Ororo when the complex suddenly explodes. Their worst fears are allayed however when Phoenix and Storm emerge from the rubble unharmed. Having pulled himself aside to watch the battle, the Professor commends his X-Men for a job well done.
The next day outside of the Prude home, Charles offers Dazzler a place with the X-Men, but she refuses telling him that she was born to be a singer not a super hero and departs. Just then, Kitty's parents emerge from their home, Kitty's mother relieved that her daughter has been returned home safe and sound. When Kitty's father demands from Xavier, he suddenly changes his tone and the Scott is told by Jean that she used her powers to change his mind and make him agree to let Kitty study at Xavier's school. Alone with Storm, Scott expresses his fears that Jean is abusing her powers, a feeling that Ororo believes as well. As they walk away to rejoin the others, Storm vows that they must do something before the power of the Phoenix consumes Jean.
This story is continued next issue...
- This issue is reprinted in many other comics and books, see references for more info.
- No trivia.
- This is part of the first Hellfire Club storyline, and leads directly into the Dark Phoenix Saga. The plot covers the issues X-Men #129 through #137.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Uncanny X-Men at Wikipedia.org
- Uncanny X-Men series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Uncanny X-Men (1st series) index at Uncanny X-Men.net
- Uncanny X-Men series index at the Grand Comics Database Project
- Uncanny X-Men at the Complete Marvel Reading Order
- The Unofficial Handbook of Marvel Comics Creators - accessed on 06/18/2009
- The Official Marvel Index to the X-Men #7 - See for further referencing
- The Official Marvel Index to the X-Men Vol 2 #3 - See for further referencing
- ↑ This story is reprinted in the following comics/TPB's:
- Classic X-Men #37 - 1st story
- Dark Phoenix Saga TPB #1 - 3rd story
- Essential Dazzler #1 - 2nd story
- Essential X-Men #2 - 12th story
- * Marvel Masterworks: The Uncanny X-Men #4 - 11th story
- Uncanny X-Men Omnibus HC #1 - 39th story
- X-Men Legends TPB Vol 2: #1 - 3rd story
- X-Men TPB: The Dark Phoenix Saga #1 - 3rd story
- Official Marvel Graphic Novel Collection Vol 1 2
|Like this? Let us know!|