Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- I... hear you, butcher -- inside my mind -- laughing! You... enjoy causing pain... death. Before I met you, I never understood... evil. You are evil, Proteus. But you have made a fatal mistake. You toyed with me when you should have slain me. Allowing me time to change from Peter Rasputin... to Colossus! That mistake will be your last!
Appearing in "The Action of the Tiger!"Edit
- Multiple Man (Jamie Madrox) (Only in flashback)
- Angus MacWhirter (Only in flashback) (possessed by Proteus)
- Magneto (Magnus) (Only in flashback)
- Mike (First appearance)
- Unnamed Scottish locals
- Unnamed constable (possessed by Proteus) (Only in flashback)
- Ferdie Duncan (Only in flashback) (possessed by Proteus)
- Jennie Banks (Only in flashback) (possessed by Proteus)
Synopsis for "The Action of the Tiger!"Edit
Continued from last issue...
Holding Moira as hostage, Proteus causes reality to bend and break in the city of Edinburgh, forcing the X-Men to save the innocent people thrown into harm's way. Proteus reflects on how he got here.
The X-Men finally bring the fight to Proteus, but he foils each of their assaults in turn. Proteus makes a tactical withdrawal, bringing Moira with him, but Phoenix catches up and nails him with a powerful psychic attack. He finally manages to retaliate, but Wolverine has caught up and puts his deadly adamantium claws to use through Proteus's side! Cyclops and Havok then let Proteus have it with both barrels, but though the attack weakens Proteus, he escapes and snags Moira from Wolverine's grasp!
Colossus pursues, and throws Proteus away from Moira, shattering his decaying body! Uncloaked by flesh, Proteus is a being of pure energy, and he delights in torturing Colossus's psyche as he slowly roasts him with fire. But Proteus didn't figure on Peter Rasputin's ability to transform himself into organic steel! Colossus transforms, and thrusts himself into the heart of Proteus's energy form where his metal body is anathema to his foe.
In the end, relieved that their foe is defeated, the X-Men grieve for having to take his life.
- This issue is reprinted in many other comics and books, see references for more info.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Uncanny X-Men at Wikipedia.org
- Uncanny X-Men series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Uncanny X-Men (1st series) index at Uncanny X-Men.net
- Uncanny X-Men series index at the Grand Comics Database Project
- Uncanny X-Men at the Complete Marvel Reading Order
- The Unofficial Handbook of Marvel Comics Creators - accessed on 06/16/2009
- The Official Marvel Index to the X-Men #7 - See for further referencing
- The Official Marvel Index to the X-Men Vol 2 #3 - See for further referencing
- ↑ The X-Men's battle with Magneto in X-Men #104 ruptured the seal on his cell, allowing him to eventually possess Angus MacWhirter.
- ↑ This story is reprinted in the following comics/TPB's:
- Classic X-Men #34 - 1st story
- Essential X-Men #2 - 9th story
- Marvel Masterworks: The Uncanny X-Men 2nd Edition HC #4 - 8th story
- Uncanny X-Men Omnibus HC #1 - 36th story
- X-Men Premiere HC: Proteus #1 - 4th story
|Like this? Let us know!|