Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- To be honest, fräulein Locke, I don't usually make a habit of striking the beautiful women I meet -- but I've a need for your souped-up shotgun. I hope you don't mind me using it to blast this place to smithereens.
- -- Nightcrawler
Appearing in "He Only Laughs When I Hurt!"Edit
- Captain Britain (Brian Braddock) (Only in flashback) (Cameo)
- Spider-Man (Peter Parker) (Only in flashback) (Cameo)
- Maggia (Only in flashback) (Cameo)
- Black Tom Cassidy (Only in flashback)
- Juggernaut (Cain Marko) (Only in flashback)
- Alexi Vazhin (robot) (Only in flashback) (Cameo)
- Magneto (robot) (Only Appearance) (Destroyed)
- Hulk (robot) (Only Appearance) (Destroyed)
- Unnamed members of Arcade's entourage - (Only in flashback)
Synopsis for "He Only Laughs When I Hurt!"Edit
Continued from last issue...
Captured by Arcade, the X-Men have been forced to fight their way through his Murderworld. As Cyclops and Wolverine face off against their comrade Colossus, who has been brainwashed into thinking he is the "Proletarian", a Russian loyalist, Arcade hows with laughter from his control room. With him are his prisoners Amanda Sefton, Colleen Wing, and Betsy Willford. When Colleen demands to know who he is, Arcade explains to the women that he was just one of the idle rich of Beverly Hills until his father cut off his money, prompting him to murder his father. Finding a knack for killing, the boy who would become Arcade used his family fortune to construct his Murderworld theme park and hire himself up as an assassin. He recounts how he was previously hired by the Maggia to try and eliminate Spider-Man and Captain Britain, and then later hired by Black Tom and Juggernaut to eliminate the X-Men. With his life story explained, he returns his attention to the monitor...
In one room, the battle between Colussus, Wolverine and Cyclops continues. The brain washed X-Man manages to knock both of his comrades through different revolving doors. In one room, Storm tries desperately to get out of a room that is rapidly filling with water, struggling to keep her claustrophobia in check while trying to find an escape route. Cyclops ends up landing in the room where Nightcrawler struggles to avoid being cut by a number of bumper cars lined with razor blades. When Cyclops arrives all the cars pop out at once to strike. While Wolverine ends up in the holographic simulation of that Banshee is caught in. When Wolverine's senses allow him to find a wall, he attempts to cut through it. Arcade, having had this done when he was trying to kill Spider-Man and Captain Britain has a surprise waiting for the two mutants: robot duplicates of the Hulk and Magneto. While Storm decides to find an escape under the water. Doffing her cape and boots she swims down and finds a grate that might lead to a way out and desperately travels through hoping that she can find an exit before she runs out of breath.
Cyclops manages to dispatch the razor-cars and blasts a hole in the wall that leads to an access tunnel. He sends Nightcrawler off on his own to try and find the control room while he blasts his way into another room. This is the room where Wolverine and Banshee are fighting the Hulk and Magneto robots. As Cyclops lends Wolverine and Banshee a helping hand, Nightcrawler gets the drop on Arcade, Miss Locke and Mr. Chambers. Taking Miss Locke's machine gun, Nightcrawler blasts the controls to Murderworld before being brought down by knock out gas.
As Cyclops and the others finish fighting off the robots, a panel in the wall opens dumping out water and Storm into the room. Cyclops manages to revive Storm using CPR when Colossus enters the room. Still under the influence of his brainwashing, Colossus knocks aside Wolverine and Banshee and then begins to choke out Storm and Cyclops. Storm however manages to appeal to Colossus, making him snap out of his brainwashing. With the battle lost, Arcade decides to let the X-Men live and pushes a button that ejects the X-Men and their friends out of Murderworld into an abandoned amusement park. Rescuing their friends, they find Arcade has left a note with Nightcrawler telling the X-Men that they won the first round, but he'll get them next time. Although Wolverine wants to go back, Cyclops advises against it and the team decides to return home to recuperate from their battle.
- This issue is reprinted in many other comics and books, see references for more info.
- Cyclops makes a comment on how he does not have Wolverine's indestructible bones. Even up to this point it is not revealed that his whole skeleton is adamantium not only his claws.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Uncanny X-Men at Wikipedia.org
- Uncanny X-Men series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Uncanny X-Men (1st series) index at Uncanny X-Men.net
- Uncanny X-Men series index at the Grand Comics Database Project
- Uncanny X-Men at the Complete Marvel Reading Order
- The Unofficial Handbook of Marvel Comics Creators - accessed on 06/12/2009
- The Official Marvel Index to the X-Men #6 - See for further referencing
- The Official Marvel Index to the X-Men Vol 2 #3 - See for further referencing
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
- ↑ Marvel Team-Up #65
- ↑ X-Men #122
- ↑ This story is reprinted in the following comics/TPB's:
- Classic X-Men #30 - 1st story
- Essential X-Men #2 - 5th story
- Marvel Masterworks: The Uncanny X-Men 2nd Edition HC #4 - 3rd story
- Uncanny X-Men Omnibus HC #1 - 32nd story
|Like this? Let us know!|