Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- So you call yourselves the New X-Men, do you? Well, among the lot of you -- Who will stop the Juggernaut?
- -- Juggernaut
Appearing in "Who Will Stop the Juggernaut?"Edit
- Lilandra (Cameo)
- N'Daré Munroe (Only in flashback), (Death)
- David Munroe (First appearance) (Only in flashback), (Death)
- Achmed El Gibár (First appearance) (Only in flashback)
- Unknown Harlem citizens (Only in flashback)
- Unknown Cairo street urchins (Only in flashback)
- Cassidy Keep, County Mayo, Ireland
- Unnamed hospital, New York City, New York
- 112th St. (First appearance) and Amsterdam Av. (First appearance) in Harlem, New York City, New York - (Only in flashback)
- Cairo, Egypt - (Only in flashback)
- French fighter jets
Synopsis for "Who Will Stop the Juggernaut?"Edit
Continued from last issue...
The X-Men's trip to Cassidy Keep has been interrupted by an attack from Banshee's cousin Black Tom and the X-Men's old foe the Juggernaut who seek to kill the group of mutants. With Storm having a claustrophobic episode, the group is leaderless and are at odds with how to deal with the two villains, Wolverine and Colossus in particular who argue over how to deal with things. As Banshee fights his cousin, Wolverine, Nightcrawler and Colossus try to fight off the Juggernaut -- to no avail. When Wolverine and Colossus are knocked away, Nightcrawler has to lure the massive foe away from harming Storm.
Storm curses herself for being crippled by her phobia and her mind reels back to her childhood. How her parents moved out of their home in Harlem in 1951 to return to her mothers native country of Africa. They would be in Cairo during the fist strikes of the Suez War of 1956. While trying to flee the air raids, Ororo's parents would be killed by falling debris. Ororo would survive, however being buried alive would scar her for life. Orphaned on the streets of Cairo, Ororo would be trained to be a street thief to survive until her 12th birthday when she felt the call to her mothers home of Kenya. There her mutant powers would manifest and she would live in relative peace, believed to be a goddess until the day Professor X came to recruit her into the X-Men. Storm's recollection and anguish would reach Professor X whose telepathic powers would allow him to learn of the X-Men's plight even though he is half a world away in New York watching over the recovering Jean Grey. Excusing himself from the room, he calls Scott leaving Jean and her roommate Misty Knight to discuss Jean's near brush with death. Charles orders Scott to go to Ireland to help the other X-Men, however Scott refuses to leave Jean's side. Charles tries to argue with him when he's suddenly struck with another vision from space, this time he sees the face of the alien that has been trying to contact him, and it is the face of a woman.
Back in Ireland, the X-Men battle on as best they can even though they are over matched, Wolverine is the first to be knocked out. Attacking the Juggernaut again, Nightcrawler is batted aside, and is knocked out. Curiously, the portion of his body that lands in the shadows of the castle suddenly become invisible. Just then, a secret panel in the wall slides open and a bunch of little people remark over Nightcrawler's ability and drag him off, closing the secret passage behind them. With their powers ineffective against each other, Black Tom manages to overpower Banshee, knocking the wind out of his altruistic cousin. While, Colossus attempts to overpower the Juggernaut, he is brought down when his foe causes the roof to cave in on both of them. Witnessing this, Storm snaps out of her episode and attempts to strike the Juggernaut down with a lightning bolt, however Cain only redirects it back at her knocking her out as well. with the X-Men all defeated, Juggernaut and Black Tom prepare to hold them hostage so that they can lure Charles Xavier into a trap.
This story is continued next issue...
- The reference to the Suez War (which ravaged Egypt between October 1956 to March 1957) as part of Storm's origins should be considered topical as per the sliding time scale of the Earth-616 universe.
- This is the first time Nightcrawler's ability to turn invisible in shadow is seen.
- This issue is reprinted in many other comics and books, see references for more info.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- The Unofficial Handbook of Marvel Comics Creators - accessed on 04/25/2009
- The Official Marvel Index to the X-Men #5 - See for further referencing
- The Official Marvel Index to the X-Men Vol 2 #2 - See for further referencing
- ↑ Giant-Size X-Men #1
- ↑ This story is reprinted in the following comics/TPB's:
- Classic X-Men #10 - 1st story
- Essential X-Men #1 - 10th story
- Marvel Masterworks: The Uncanny X-Men 2nd Edition HC #2 - 2nd story
- Marvel Masterworks: The Uncanny X-Men HC #2 - 2nd story
- Uncanny X-Men Omnibus HC #1 - 10th story
|Like this? Let us know!|