- You can't build a cathedral on the head of a pin. When a species passes a certain point in its decline, it can't be saved.
- -- Beast
Appearing in "Prologue"Edit
- X-Men (Main story and flashback)
- Angel (Warren Worthington III) (Only in flashback)
- Beast (Dr. Henry McCoy) (Main story and flashback)
- Bishop (Lucas Bishop) (Rejoins Team)
- Cannonball (Sam Guthrie)
- Cyclops (Scott Summers) (Main story and flashback)
- Iceman (Bobby Drake) (Main story and flashback)
- Nightcrawler (Kurt Wagner)
- Phoenix/Marvel Girl (Jean Grey-Summers) (Only in flashback)
- Professor X (Charles Xavier)
- White Queen (Emma Frost)
- Wolverine (Logan)
- New X-Men
- X-Factor Investigations
- Hellfire Club
- Black King (Sebastian Shaw)
- Hired thugs
- Wild Sentinels (Only in flashback)
- Sabertooth (Victor Creed) (Only in flashback)
- Matt Landru (Corpse) (Only Appearance)
- Reverend (Only Appearance)
- John Landru (Only Appearance)
- Mrs. Landru (Only Appearance)
- Itsu Akhiro (Only in flashback)
- Magneto (Erik Magnus Lehnsherr) (Mentioned)
- Sunspot (Roberto da Costa) (Mentioned)
- New York State
- Genosha (Only in flashback)
- Forever Yesterday reality (Mentioned)
Synopsis for "Prologue"Edit
The X-Men and their students are at the funeral for a mutant boy they once failed to recruit, and recently got caught in their crossfire. Cyclops has a hard time coping with it especially since he can't remember the deceased boy's name, and has a talk to his parents. He later also has a pep talk with Wolverine who convinces Scott to never give up the fight. During the funeral, Mercury and some other students show their feelings towards having been to so many funerals in their short lives already, and that they aren't even sophomores yet.
After the funeral, Professor Xavier discovers that the priest at the funeral was none other than Sebastian Shaw using an image inducer, and they also have a conversation. Multiple Man suggests that Beast investigates what's going on with the mutants, and offers his and his duplicates aid.
- This series serves as a prelude to the Messiah CompleX.
- This one-shot sequels itself into 17 other back-up stories in several X-Men related titles. The first one begins in X-Men Vol 2 #200, runs through issues of New X-Men Vol 2, X-Factor Vol 3, Uncanny X-Men and concludes in X-Men Vol 2 #204.
Witness the death of a species...
- No trivia.
- X-Men Vol 2 #200-X-Men Vol 2 #204
- X-Factor Vol 3 #21-X-Factor Vol 3 #24
- New X-Men Vol 2 #40-New X-Men Vol 2 #43
- Uncanny X-Men #488-Uncanny X-Men #491
Links and ReferencesEdit
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|