Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Now that I am back from the living death to which your precious professor condemned me, I shall need some assistance rebuilding my empire. I shall need you. Agree to serve as my host body, with all your delicious powers, and I shall free the boy.
Appearing in "Whatever It Takes"
- MjNari (First appearance) (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Morph (Impersonates Jean Grey, Deadpool, Omega Red, Maverick, and Sabertooth)
- Magneto (Erik Magnus)
- Shadow King (First appearance) (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Savage Land Mutates (First appearance) on Dinosaurs
- Bishop (Mentioned)
- Bloodscream (First appearance) (Cameo)
- Roughouse (First appearance) (Cameo)
- Shani (First appearance) (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Cairo (Mentioned)
- Savage Land (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Whatever It Takes"
Jean Grey uses Cerebro to detect a tearing in the astral plane in a part of Africa. Rogue and Storm decide to investigate the astral plane disturbance. Shani tells Storm that MjNari caused the destruction. Storm agrees to let the Shadow King host her body instead of the boy. Wolverine confronts Morph, who says he has get through this by himself. Storm forces the Shadow King to leave her body. MjNari lures the Shadow King into the astral plane opening. Xavier and Magneto find they are in the Savage Land and discover they cannot use their powers. Two villain try to abduct Magneto, who falls into a river and Xavier tries to save him.
After running through the grasslands of Africa, MjNari joined his friends in a game of soccer. MjNari sees a tear in Mount Kilimanjaro, although his friends do not see it. The Shadow King possesses MjNari's body. Meanwhile, Jean Grey uses Cerebro to detect a tearing in the astral plane in a part of Africa. Beast theorizes that it may have to do with Bishop's time travel.
Wolverine continues tracking down Morph in the Upper Amazon region of Brazil. Rogue and Storm decide to investigate the astral plane disturbance. They find the villages have been burned and Storm summons rain to stop the flames. Storm meets her friend, Shani, who says MjNari caused the destruction.
Wolverine finds Morph working at a local bar. Morph says he figured Wolverine might follow him, and taunts him by turning into Jean Grey. Shani recounts how Storm breathed life into MjNari as a newborn and became her godmother. The possessed boy shows up and tells Storm to meet her on the mountain. Storm agrees to let the Shadow King host her body if he lets the boy unharmed. Rogue tries absorbing Storm's powers, but the Shadow King knocks her out of the sky and MjNari catches her.
Wolverine falls into an abandoned mine shaft and meets Morph, who continues taunting Wolverine. The two fight, and Morph takes down Wolverine before running away. Storm flies higher into the air, suffocating the Shadow King and forcing him to leave her body. Storm falls down and Rogue catches her. MjNari lures the Shadow King into the astral plane opening in the mountain. Storm and Rogue save MjNari just as the opening reseals itself.
Xavier and Magneto recover from the avalanche they were caught in (from the previous episode) and find they have stumbled into the Savage Land. Xavier finds he can walk again and they both discover they cannot use their powers. Two villain fly on raptors and try to abduct Magneto, but Xavier stops them by throwing a boomerang at them. Magneto falls into a river and Xavier tries to save him, but they both fall down a waterfall.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- The flashback depicting Mjnari's birth is based on the story "Life-Death II" from Uncanny X-Men #198. In that story, Storm discovered Shani's tribe after losing her mutant powers, and resuscitated Shani's (unnamed) son as in this episode. The story also featured a tribal elder named MjNari, who chose to die when Shani's son was born, so that the tribe would not become too numerous for its resources.
Links and References