Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Appearing in "Emperor Vulcan"Edit
- Scy'ar Tal (First appearance)
- Shi'ar Supply Line
- Shi'ar Warbird
- Armageddon-class killstations
- The Hammer
- Ka'ardum's Battlecruiser
Synopsis for "Emperor Vulcan"Edit
The saga begins with a mysterious alien race receiving the "moment they've been waiting for"… A week later, the Starjammers commandeer a Shi'ar Warbird guarding the supply line to their fourth fleet. Meanwhile, in the thrown world of the Shi'ar Empire, Vulcan is managing the problems that have arisen since he crowned himself Emperor. According to Chancellor Araki, the presence of Deathbird is the only thing holding their supporters in place. Lilandra and General Ka'ardum have joined the resistance and so more Shi'ar troops are defecting. In the Clench Worlds, Havok updates his troops on their capture of three supply lines. The resistance plans to weaken Vulcan's forces by cutting off the Shi'ar inhabited planet known as Feather's Edge. Later at the resistance headquarters, Rachel reveals to Lorna that there is a secret order within the Shi'ar Empire who ordered the attack on her family. Vulcan disguises himself on Chandilar and walks amongst the Shi'ar public, discovering that his people consider their new ruler a false emperor. Deathbird arrives to comfort her husband by focusing his attention on the plan to eliminate the Starjammers. Much later, near Feather's Edge, Polaris uses her magnetic powers to disrupt the sensors of the protective killstations, but the Starjammers are suddenly ambushed by Vulcan's armada. Before Vulcan can destroy the entire Shi'ar resistance, his ship (The Hammer) is swiftly targeted and destroyed by an unknown force. While the Starjammers contemplate the seeming destruction of their enemy, a broadcast reveals that their aid call themselves the Scy'ar Tal. The name of their race translates to "Death to the Shi'ar"
- X-Men: Emperor Vulcan is a five part miniseries that takes place some time after the Uncanny X-Men story arc "The Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire" (see below)
- Vulcan was introduced to the X-Men as the brother of Scott and Alex Summers in X-Men: Deadly Genesis (see below)... where he felt betrayed and abandoned by his mentor, Charles Xavier. He rebelled and travelled to Shi'ar space after obtaining limitless power, by absorbing the energies of the depowered mutants of M-Day.
- Vulcan declared himself Emperor after killing D'Ken (the one responsible for his tragic upbringing) in Uncanny X-Men #485
- The Shi'ar Death Commandos executed Rachel Grey's family in the Uncanny X-Men story arc "End of Greys" (see below)
- Marvel Girl and Korvus have since ended their romance after Rachel realized how different they were.
- This issue gives the first mention of Korvus’ full name as "Korvus Rook'Shir."
- This issue gives the second mentioning of a "Secret Order" existing in the Shi'ar Empire. The first was in Uncanny X-Men #480
- Uncanny X-Men #466 - Uncanny X-Men #468 (End of Greys)
- X-Men: Deadly Genesis #1 - X-Men: Deadly Genesis #6
- Uncanny X-Men #475 - Uncanny X-Men #486 (The Rise and Fall of ths Shi'ar Empire)
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|