- Someone's after my son!
- -- Cyclops
Appearing in "Heroic Effort (Endgame, Pt 2)"Edit
- Askani (First appearance)
- Charlotte Jones
- Nathan Summers
- The Avengers
- The Fantastic Four
- Unnamed New Yorkers
- Officers Alvarez, Reuben, Cameron, Kassinoff, Buchanan, Schlesinger & Shetterly
- X-Factor's Ship (Destroyed)
Synopsis for "Heroic Effort (Endgame, Pt 2)"Edit
Ship is attacking the inhabitants of New York. Super heroes from all over the city fight to protect them. Jean realizes telepathically that Ship is sick and dying, and Harddrive stuns her after the discovery. Foxbat, while trying to take Nathan Christopher, is attacked by a strange woman who claims to be the toddler’s protector. She takes out Foxbat, but is unable to get away with Nathan as X-Factor arrives and they attack one another. Foxbat takes Nathan in the confusion of the battle and teleports away with him. The woman takes off in pursuit. The team then has to fight the tentacles coming from Ship’s walls. The police try to enter Ship, but only Charlotte Jones gets through. She contacts Warren, but is captured by Gauntlet, Tusk and Barrage. Beast hard-links himself to Ship, accessing its systems. Ship tells X-Factor that he will not be enslaved again and blasts off into the sky, where he plans to self-destruct. Cyclops tries to talk him out of it as Beast continues to work on the systems, but Ship explodes in the night sky. The mysterious woman watches the explosion and vows to save Nathan, “the Chosen”.
- Part 2 of 4 of the Endgame event.
- Originally intended to contain the marriage of Scott and Jean.
- Plot by Lee and Portacio, script by Claremont.
- Contains The Apocalypse Manifesto, by Fabian Nicieza & Whilce Portacio, and featuring:
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- X-Factor at Wikipedia
- X-Factor at Marvel Subscriptions
- X-Factor series index at Comicbookdb.com
- X-Factor series index at Uncanny X-Men.net
- X-Factor series index at the Grand Comics Database Project
- The Unofficial Handbook of Marvel Comics Creators - accessed on 10/20/2010
|Like this? Let us know!|