Appearing in "I Must Go Down To the Sea Again..."Edit
- Ghaur's ship
Synopsis for "I Must Go Down To the Sea Again..."Edit
Marvel Girl is being kidnapped by the Lemurian villain, Ghaur. Her mind catatonic, she is being whisked through the sky, while her teammate, Beast, tries to hold onto her. Beast manages to telepathically reach her and Jean subconsciously uses her power to free them from the tractor beam, landing them in the Atlantic. They are found by Atlantean troops, who mean to kill them, until their leader, Attuma, recognizes Jean as Phoenix, the woman who once dare to spurn him. He intends to have his revenge and takes here away. Hank is saved, as other Atlantean troops led by Attuma's daughter, Andromeda, attack. Beast and Andromeda go looking for Jean and Attuma and find them, just before Attuma can force himself on the weakened, half-drowned Jean. Beast takes her away, while Andromeda challenges her father to a duel. Hank takes Jean to the surface, but there is water in her lungs. An image of Ghaur appears, offering to save Jean, if Hank vows not to interfere. Having no choice, Hank accepts. Andromeda, in the meantime, is beaten by Attuma but, before he can kill his daughter, she too is abducted by Ghaur.
|Avengers: West Coast Annual #4||Thor Annual #14||Fantastic Four Annual #22|
Appearing in "...That I Be Bound in a Nutshell"Edit
- Alexis, a robot - (Destroyed)
- Unnamed American University students
- Werner von Doom (Only in flashback) (Death)
- Cynthia von Doom (Only in flashback)
- Magda Lehnsherr (Only in flashback)
- Anya Lehnsherr (Only in flashback)
- The Fantastic Four (Only in flashback)
- Poland (Only in flashback)
- Auschwitz (Only in flashback)
- Ukraine (Only in flashback)
- Vinnitsa (Only in flashback)
Synopsis for "...That I Be Bound in a Nutshell"Edit
After his trial, Magneto finds himself invited to Latveria, where Doom expects him, alongside an imprisoned telepathic mutant girl. Doom is curious about Magneto, having changed his ways and wants to know what lies behind that change of heart. He offers Magneto a restored version of his helmet and they begin a mental duel, meant to expose their weaknesses. Both men witness how the other became what he was, shaped by the tragedies of their past. However, those are their strengths, Magneto points out and insists that he has embraced another path. Doom tests him by pointing out the danger, should the girl who witnessed all this ever talk. Magneto seemingly kills her, tells Doom he is disgusted by the charade and leaves. The girl was merely a robot. Nevertheless, Doom believes that he had his answers.
Appearing in "Inferno Aftermath"Edit
- J. Jonah Jameson
- Lance Bannon
- Jacob Conover
- Edwin Jarvis
- Several Demons
- Jacob Farber (First appearance), FBI agent for "Inferno Affair"
- Elwood McNulty (First appearance), FBI agent for "Inferno Affair"
- Dr. Ned Zane (First appearance) and other unnamed New Yorkers
Synopsis for "Inferno Aftermath"Edit
Jake and Elwood, two FBI agents, are sent to New York in the aftermath of Inferno to inquire what happened. After questioning several witnesses, they are finally relegated to asking X-Factor. The mutant heroes decide that people aren’t ready for the truth and, with the help of Reed Richards, concoct a cover story about this having been a mass hallucination caused by a hypno-ray.
Appearing in "The Saga of the Serpent Crown Chapter 10: Emperor of Death!"Edit
Synopsis for "The Saga of the Serpent Crown Chapter 10: Emperor of Death!"Edit
The Watcher relates how Namor tried to kill Naga (in possession of the Serpent Crown), thought he killed Dorma, but actually killed Liyna. Karthon slays Naga and is almost controlled by the serpent crown, but Namor intervenes. Lemuria takes Karthon as their new ruler. Llyra, the high priestess of Set, plans to kill Karthon and become empress. Ghaur observes her.
- 1st story is part 10 of 14 of Atlantis Attacks crossover event.
- 2nd story: Doctor Doom and Magneto's origins.
- 4th story is part 10 of 14 of Saga of the Serpent Crown crossover event.
- This issue is reprinted in other comics and books, see references for more info.
- Issue includes bonus pinups of:
- Attuma previosuly appeared in Avengers Annual 18. He will appear next in Web of Spider-Man Annual 5.
- In the first story, the editors state to watch for an upcoming story in X-Factor to learn of how the Beast and Jean Grey end up in their predicament. This story however, never shows in the series.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- X-Factor at Wikipedia
- X-Factor at Marvel Subscriptions
- X-Factor series index at Comicbookdb.com
- X-Factor series index at Uncanny X-Men.net
- X-Factor series index at the Grand Comics Database Project
- The Unofficial Handbook of Marvel Comics Creators - accessed on 10/28/2010
- ↑ See The Blues Brothers, this character is similar to Jake Blues
- ↑ See The Blues Brothers, this character is similar to Elwood Blues
- ↑ This story is reprinted in the following comics/TPB's:
|Like this? Let us know!|