Appearing in "On the Edge of Darkness"Edit
- Death (Logan) (Main story and flashback)
- Hulk (Bruce Banner) (Main story and flashback)
- Apocalypse (En Sabah Nur) (Main story and flashback)
- Sabretooth (Victor Creed) (Only in flashback)
- Wolverine ("Logan") (Only in flashback)
- X-Men (Main story and flashback)
- Storm (Ororo Munroe) (Main story and flashback)
- Nightcrawler (Kurt Wagner) (Main story and flashback)
- Phoenix (Jean Grey) (Main story and flashback)
- Colossus (Peter Rasputin) (Main story and flashback)
- Cyclops (Scott Summers) (Main story and flashback)
- Marrow (Sarah) (Main story and flashback)
- Gambit (Remy LeBeau) (Main story and flashback)
- Professor X (Charles Xavier) (Main story and flashback)
- Generation X (Only in flashback)
- Alpha Flight (Only in flashback)
Synopsis for "On the Edge of Darkness"Edit
A prelude to the "Apocalypse: The Twelve"storyline. Ina flashback, the Skrulls assault the X-Men's ship and substitute of one of their number for Wolverine. The real Wolverine is abducted on behalf of their master, and later returns to slay the Skrull imposter after the breakup of the X-Men that the Skrull had engineered. In the present, the X-Men wonder what to make of Logan’s new persona, Death.
Logan-as-Death is given by his new master the mission of slaying the Hulk. As he rushes forth to obey, he reflects on his capture and transformation. The Skrulls who abducted him from the ship placed him before the mysterious man, whom Wolverine with his heightened senses recognizes as En Sabah Nur, a.k.a. Apocalypse. Nur offers him the “fulfillment of your lifelong destiny.” The story splices together Logan’s present attack on the Hulk and the flashback to his capture and brainwashing. He is brought before En Sabah Nur again and forced to fight Sabretooth. He emerges victorious, confident that he can overcome whatever brainwashing Apocalypse has planned. Apocalypse strips the adamantium from Sabretooth’s body and re-bonds it to Wolverine.
In the present, Logan has tracked the Hulk into a forest and attacks him. They trade blows, with neither party claiming a decisive victory, as the Hulk smashes Logan’s body to jelly and Logan nearly cuts the Hulk’s throat out. Finally the Hulk just leaves and Logan is teleported into the presence of Apocalypse, now in his usual guise, who vows that the end of the world is coming.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|