Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- I used to think that I was the best there is. Turns out, I'm the worst. I can't change that. So I'm gonna use it. I'm gonna use it to make 'em pay for what they did to me.
- -- Wolverine
Appearing in "Born in Blood: Part 1"Edit
- President of the United States
- Secret service agents
- Unnamed U.S. Army General (Appears on a Computer Screen, TV or Hologram Only)
- Weapon X (Mentioned)
- United States of America
- U.S. Embassy
Synopsis for "Born in Blood: Part 1"EditWolverine stands on a mountaintop holding the Muramasa Blade. He reflects upon all of the memories that have recently returned to him during the House of M event and swears revenge against all of those responsible for twisting his life around.
Suddenly, defense systems shut down at the White House. Secret Service personnel grab the president and rush him to Air Force One. As everyone races about in a panic, agents conveniently forget about the Secretary of State.
A large cruise missile of indeterminate origin appears in the sky over Washington. It crashes directly into the White House lawn, but fails to detonate. From the missile emerges a S.H.I.V.A. robot – a device designed to track down and exterminate rogue agents of Weapon X Program.
Wolverine appears at the White House and confronts the Secretary of State. He knows of her involvement in a conspiracy to tamper with Logan’s memories. Before he can extract any information from her however, the Shiva robot appears and executes her. Wolverine attacks the robot and slices it apart with the Muramasa Blade. In the aftermath of the battle, he then tears down a hidden wall in the White House and escapes into a lower tunnel.
Meanwhile, the administrators of S.H.I.E.L.D. consult with agents from the United States embassy. They no longer have faith in S.H.I.E.L.D.'s capabilities to sanction Wolverine and decide to explore alternative methods. They recruit the psychotic patriot known as Nuke.
- This issue was released with an alternate cover featuring an illustration by Michael Turner & Peter Steigerwald.
- Although the Secretary of State is never referenced by name in this issue, it is quite obvious that she is meant to represent Condoleezza Rice, the real-world Secretary of State as of January 26th, 2005.
- The Shiva scenario is an automatic function designed to target rogue Weapon X agents. It was first implemented in Wolverine Vol 2 #50.
- Logan embarks on the first leg of a long and bloody quest for vengeance against those who have turned him into the monster he is today!
- Wolverine is shown wearing his old brown and tan costume in this issue.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|