Dr. Haines served as assistant to Dr. Broadhurst on Project X at the Broadhurst Institute, as they attempted to perfect artificial life. However, the robots they created went insane, and Haines opined that perhaps computers weren't meant to think. Broadhurst set the auto-destruct devices in all of the robots so that they could start over again, but model X-51, raised like a person by Dr. Abel Stack, escaped destruction. Colonel Kragg was later sent to retrieve X-51, and succeeded. X-51, after breaking out, was later allowed to leave.
Sometime later Dr. Broadhurst was reported dead, and Haines took his place at the Broadhurst Institute.
- 5 Appearances of William Haines (Earth-616)
- 1 Minor Appearances of William Haines (Earth-616)
- Media William Haines (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 1 Images featuring William Haines (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about William Haines (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: William Haines (Earth-616)
- Marvel Appendix entry
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|