Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Appearing in "Showtime!"Edit
- Avengers West Coast
- La Espirita
- Thing (Ben Grimm)
- Mister Fantastic (Reed Richards)
- Invisible Woman (Susan Richards)
- Two-Gun Kid (Matthew Liebowitz)
- Rawhide Kid
- Phantom Rider (Lincoln Slade) (Death)
- Four Freedoms Plaza, New York City, New York
- Egypt (2940 BC)
- Southwest US (1876)
- Hawkeye's Bow
- Iron Man Armor MK VII
- Moon Knight's Crescent Darts
- Mockingbird's Battle Staves
- Doctor Doom's Time Platform
Synopsis for "Showtime!"Edit
Hank Pym, Espirita and Moon Knight take Rover all the way to New York to the headquarters of the Fantastic Four. There they examine the wreckage of the time machine destroyed by Dominus. Hank and Reed begin putting the pieces back together while the Thing lugs heavy chunks of machinery all over the place.
The Avengers now have only one chance left to get home – Doctor Strange. But first they must fight through another legion of soldiers loyal to Rama-Tut. The Priests of Khonshu, and those formerly enslaved by Rama, assist the Avengers and they battle their way from Rama-Tut's court back to the Sphinx. By the time they get through all of this though, they learn that Doctor Strange has already escaped and returned home. But Hawkeye still succeeded in keeping his promise to Khonshu by aiding in the overthrow of Rama-Tut. By delaying Rama's guards from imprisoning Doctor Strange's body, they allowed Strange to separate his astral self and use his magic to transform the Thing back into a human, allowing him to slip free of his bonds and free the rest of the Fantastic Four. At which point, the FF forced Rama-Tut to flee into the time stream.
Mockingbird decides to track down the Night Rider alone. Racing on a horse through a perilous rainstorm, she finds the Rider floating above Spirit Peak. She begins fighting him, but the Rider continues to profess his love to her. Mockingbird batters him back with her battle staves forcing him over the cliff's edge. The Night Rider manages to grip onto the edge of the cliff and begs Mockingbird to rescue him. Bobbi has plenty of time to save the Night Rider's life, but chooses to let him lose his grasp and fall to his death. This decision will haunt her for many months to come.
Back in the present, Hank and Reed complete the repairs on the time machine. Along with Moon Knight and Espirita, they travel back to ancient Egypt in the year 2940 BCE. They pick up the rest of the Avengers and then travel forward to Lordsburg, New Mexico in 1876 to pick up Mockingbird.
One final trip forward through time and everyone is finally home. And it was all because of Hawkeye's enduring two-hundred year old note.
- Although this is technically the last chapter of the story, the following issue climaxes with the Avengers' final fight against Dominus.
- In this issue, Hawkeye assists the Priests of Khonshu in their struggle against the Rama-Tut loyalists by crafting for them various bladed weapons including throwing irons and boomerangs. These weapons will eventually pass through the centuries and become the chosen armaments of Moon Knight.
- This issue is reprinted in other comics and books, see references for more info.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|