Appearing in "Ritual of Blood"Edit
- Calliope's Carnival & Circus
- Bloodstone of Kaman-Ru
Synopsis for "Ritual of Blood"Edit
Swami Rihva's mental powers pacify the Werewolf and the other beasts he was fighting enough to keep him in captivity through the night. When he wakes up, Jack learns from Elmo, the friendly strongman, that Rihva specifically wanted a creature of the supernatural for a ritual to activate a mystical bloodstone said to lead to its creator's hidden treasure. When Buck and Lissa return to the carnival to look for Jack, Rihva entrances them as well to deal with them. The next night, when Rihva begins the blood ritual with the Werewolf, Elmo stops him, not realizing until then that the ritual would involve killing Jack. In the fight that breaks out, the Werewolf breaks free. Rihva tries to hold Lissa hostage, but she snaps out of her trance when she sees her brother. Rihva then falls to the horrifying images he sees in the Werewolf's enraged mind.
- The bloodstone artifact in this story is not related to the Bloodgem.
- This issue was reprinted in Essential Werewolf by Night, Volume 1.
According to Travis Starnes' website, Trapped in the circus by the devious Rhiva, the Werewolf finds himself face to face with the circus' other beasts. Before long the true nature of the mystic's plan will be revealed. - See more at: http://cmro.travis-starnes.com/detail.php?idvalue=1338#sthash.sF0r3XKb.dpuf
- No trivia.
- Werewolf by Night (Volume 1) #1-43
- Werewolf by Night (Volume 2) #1-6
- Giant-Size Werewolf #1-4
- Marvel Spotlight #2-4
- Moon Knight (Volume 1) #29-30
- Spider-Woman (Volume 1) #6, 48-50
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Werewolf by Night series article at Wikipedia
- Werewolf by Night series review at Photon Torpedoes
- Werewolf by Night series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Werewolf article at the Marvel Universe
- Werewolf by Night article at the Marvel Appendix
|Like this? Let us know!|