- I have found dignity, not in the cities, but in the jungle. I have found honor, not in the civilized, but in the primal. I have found morality, I have found meaning -- in the hunt.
Appearing in "The Coffin"Edit
- Kraven the Hunter
- Kraven's Men
- Gwen Stacy (Mentioned)
- Captain Stacy (Mentioned)
- Aunt May (Mentioned)
- Uncle Ben (Mentioned)
- Mary Jane Watson-Parker (Mentioned)
- Ned Leeds (Mentioned)
- Nikolai Kravinoff (Mentioned)
- Anna Kravinoff (Mentioned)
- Vladimir Lenin (Mentioned)
- Joe Face (First appearance) (Corpse)
- Harry Skitter (Only Appearance)
Synopsis for "The Coffin"Edit
Kraven battles a beast and beheads it with his bare hands. He digs a grave and goes to a coffin, realizing that he "must die soon," and picks up a replica of Spider-Man's costume. Meanwhile, Spider-Man visits the funeral of the two-bit gangster, Joe Face at the Jimmy's Corner bar, even though he is not exactly sure why he should care. The funeral goers try to scatter when Spider-Man arrives, but the masked hero stops them, saying he has only come to say goodbye. Spider-Man leaves a donation before going back to his apartment. He realizes that, like many of his loved ones, he too is going to die. But not yet.
That night, Peter Parker has a nightmare that he is turning into Kraven. Unable to rest, Peter changes into Spider-Man to websling around the city. Kraven drops onto a nearby building from a helicopter and fires two darts at the "Spider," the second one hitting its target. Spider-Man starts hallucinating that Kraven is the ghost of Joe Face. Kraven knocks Spider-Man down with a pole and captures him in a net. Kraven shoots Spider-Man with a rifle and triumphantly buries him in a mock funeral.
- This is part one of the Kraven's Last Hunt storyline, continuing directly into Amazing Spider-Man #293.
- Kraven the Hunter sets out to bury Spider-Man — and succeeds!
- No trivia.
|Kraven's Last Hunt|
|Web of Spider-Man #31||Amazing Spider-Man #293||Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man #131||Web of Spider-Man #32||Amazing Spider-Man #294||Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man #132|
Links and ReferencesEdit
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|