- I traveled through the endless Passages of my Mind, seeking and mastering its Dark Secrets. Thus, my Mind ended up being thousands of times more powerful than any puny Human Brain.
- -- Star Thief
Appearing in "...Here Dwells the Star Thief!"Edit
- Star Thief (Barry Bauman) (First appearance)
- Carol Lentz (First appearance)
- Nancy Riechart (First appearance)
- Dr. Bell (First appearance)
- Dr. Hoffsteader (First appearance)
- Tom Vocson (First appearance)
- Dave MacQueen
- Hercules Star Cluster
- United States of America
- Nevada (Only in flashback)
- Wildwood Hospital (First appearance)
Synopsis for "...Here Dwells the Star Thief!"Edit
In Wildwood Hospital lies young Barry Bauman who was born without any of the five senses.
As Warlock decides what to do about the phenomena of the disappearing stars he realizes, that the Soul Gem wants him to investigate.
He finds a world frozen because of the disappearance of its sun. With the help of the Soul Gem Warlock discovers, that just one Earth man is responsible for the vanishing stars. Barry Bauman is revealed to be the Star Thief. He wants revenge because nobody cared about his condition and before he turns his attention to Earth he wants to transport all surrounding suns into the endless dimension of his omnipotent brain so that the people know his loneliness before he destroys them.
The Star Thief realizes, that there is an interference with his plans and sends his consciousness into space which allows his male nurse Tom Vocson to regain control over his body. The Star Thief is fascinated by Warlock and feels a kinship, thus he offers Warlock a challenge, on his way to Earth the Star Thief will only use his corporeal creations to attack Warlock and will not attack him with his mental Powers - until he reaches Earth.
- Reprinted in Marvel Masterworks: Warlock # 2
- First appearance and origin of the Star Thief.
- The Wildwood Hospital and Doctors Hoffstaeder and Bell made Cameo Appearances in Starlin's "Darklon the Mystic" for Warren Publishing's "Eerie" # 100; they even mentioned Barry Bauman's Case
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|