The Wicked Wands of Watoomb are six mystical artifacts from varying dimensions in the Marvel Universe all bearing the same name. They are one-foot long crystalline batons with demonic heads carved on either end.
Objects of near-omnipotent power, each Wand is controlled by mere thoughts of its user, primarily for enhancing, multiplying, gathering, focusing, and redirecting mystical energies. They can be used to block mystical attacks, and use the energy absorbed to either heal the wielder, unleash a damaging blast, or erect a defensive barrier. They can also be used to control the elements, open portals to other dimensions, and allow the wielder to scry any person, place, or thing they are familiar with.
During a subsequent battle, Warren Traveler felt a connection between his Eye of Watoomb and this first Wand, so he stole it from Strange's Sanctum Sanctorum, only to be pursued by Ms. Marvel until it was recovered.
Later, during the Dark Reign, after Strange had fallen from the position of the Sorcerer Supreme due to use of dark magic, he explained to Wiccan that the Wand of Watoomb was among the various power-objects he would be forced to surrender to the new Sorcerer Supreme.
Madame Masque, upset that she had made off with a decoy Wand instead, killed her ex-Hydra informant for having provided what she believed to be false information, not knowing that there was indeed a second Wand that was now in Tony Stark's possession.
Ultimate Universe (Earth-1610)
- As seen in Marvel Team-Up #21, the Wand of Watoomb has a mystical connection to, and has been shown to be re-energized by, the Crystal of Kadavus.
- In the JLA/Avengers crossover, the Wand of Watoomb was one of the six magical objects that represented the Marvel Universe.
- 37 Appearances of Wand of Watoomb
- Minor Appearances of Wand of Watoomb
- 7 Media Wand of Watoomb was Mentioned in
- 6 Images featuring Wand of Watoomb
- Item Gallery: Wand of Watoomb
Links and References