Virginia Dare is the daughter of Ananias Dare, and the first English child born in the Americas. In this world, the Roanoke Colony did not disappear in the 1580's, and its colonists, including Virginia, were saved from starvation from a local Native America tribe led by a time-displaced Steven Rogers (under the alias Rojhaz). By 1587 (the year which the Roanoke colony supposed to disappear), Virginia witnessed the destabilization of reality as mysterious weathers appeared over America and the world. As a result, Dare, at the age of 8, touched the rift caused by Steven Roger's arrival and gained the ability to transform into animals. Only Rojhaz knows of her ability.
By the early 17th century, Virginia, accompanied by Rojhaz, was sent to England as a emissary to Queen Elizabeth in order to negotiate for needed supplies and people at her colony as Roanoke became isolated from outside resources after trading ships had fearfully avoided America for teeming with dangerous Dinosaurs and the mysterious weathers. While in England, she befriended Sir Nicholas Fury's assistant spy, Peter Parquagh. Doctor Stephen Strange strongly suspected that Virginia herself was somehow connected to the weather after she had transformed in fending off an assassin. Virginia later escape from King James' rule with Rojhaz, and Clea. It is then revealed that Virginia's wasn't responsible for the strange phenomenons, but Rojhaz was the true "forerunner" for this and also revealing his true identity.
After returning to Roanoke and reunited with her father, Virginia helped Nicholas Fury and his allies in repairing the destabilization of reality by leading to the location of the time rift. Virginia later helped Fury in tracking Steven Rogers in order to return him to his time. Furthermore, Virginia saved Fury's life from Robert David Banner. After reality was repaired, Virgina was again reunited with Peter Parquagh and the two began a consummating relationship.
She is later shot and killed while in deer form by Norman Osborne.
She has the power to transform into any type of animal, including dinosaurs and mythological beings (e.g. a griffon and a sphinx).
In human form, Virginia has no unusual abilities. In animal form, however, she takes on the abilities & characteristics of whichever animal she becomes.
In her normal form, Virginia possesses the strength of a normal human female of her age/height/built, her strength increases depending in which animal she changes.
Virginia cannot entirely control herself in some of her various animal forms due to her forms' primal instincts, and may sometime pose a serious threat to anyone around her, especially as a carnivore.
- Although many fans assumed that she was based on Snowbird of Alpha Flight, Gaiman denied the rumor, stating that the 1602 characters were only based on Marvel characters who debuted during the Silver Age of comic books. At other times, he has told fans that he created Virginia Dare without a Marvel character basis to provide a unique and fully American character to tie in the 1602 universe with our real world.
- In both Marvel 1602: New World and Spider-Man 1602, Virginia Dare served as a strong analogue to Spider-Man's first love interest, Gwen Stacy.
- 13 Appearances of Virginia Dare (Earth-311)
- 1 Minor Appearances of Virginia Dare (Earth-311)
- Media Virginia Dare (Earth-311) was Mentioned in
- 12 Images featuring Virginia Dare (Earth-311)
- Quotations by or about Virginia Dare (Earth-311)
- Character Gallery: Virginia Dare (Earth-311)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|