Born in San Jose, Valerie Martin was an early expert on cybernetics. Enrolled at Clemson University's College of Engineering and Science, she developed an exoskeleton allowing her to access any information system.
She used that suit to prevent illegal transactions processed by the Maggia. She then moved to New York City to work at Cyberoptics, Inc. thanks to her PhD in cybernetics and information technology from Clemson.
During the Civil War, Network was among the anti-Registration Act faction of heroes, and became involved with a group of like-minded heroes. She tried to use her powers to locate Captain America and his Secret Avengers to join them, but didn't have enough time as she and the other members of the gang were apprehended by Iron Man and the S.H.I.E.L.D., who had followed Alternative reporter Sally Floyd to the Underground hideout, as she was interviewing them on a regular basis.
Later, she was freed from Prison 42 and participated among the Secret Avengers to the New York final battle that led to the surrendering of Captain America. When he surrendered, she accepted the terms of the general amnesty proposed to the Anti-registration partisans.
Later she decided to join the Initiative, where she watched new arrival MVP train.
Accomplished hacker, genius-level cyberneticist
Hi-tech exoskeleton: Network suit gave her multiples advantages:
- Based on radio waves technology, she can receive any form of electric data and store them (the limits of her data storage capacity are unknown). She has also the capacity to retrieve them instantaneously. She can use those abilities using her mind.
- Electromagnetic power:
- Superhuman strength: Using her exoskeleton, Network is a class 10 strength superhuman.
She is the fourth Marvel character that carries the codename Network and the third heroine that does so.
- 6 Appearances of Valerie Martin (Earth-616)
- Media Valerie Martin (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 1 Images featuring Valerie Martin (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Valerie Martin (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Valerie Martin (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|