On Earth-400083; Dr. Bruce Banner, a brilliant researcher at the University of California, Berkeley. He was based at the Nuclear Biotechnology Institute. He used nanobots to regenerate living tissue. The nanobots are activated by Gamma radiation, but all experiments result in out of control cellular growth and the death of the test subjects. The Military-industrial complex, represented by the unscrupulous Major Glenn Talbot, becomes interested in the research to build self-healing soldiers. David Banner reappears and begins infiltrating his son's life. General Ross, now an army General, also begins to investigate when he learns of Bruce's involvement in the research through Talbot. Ross, the estranged father of Bruce's ex-girlfriend and co-researcher Betty Ross, becomes concerned both for his daughter's safety around Banner, but also because Bruce is working in the same field as the father he does not remember. A laboratory accident at Berkeley involving the nanobots and gamma rays results in Bruce's transformation into the Hulk.
Betty Ross earned a degree in communications atBerkeley and started dating the Super-Soldier Program's head scientist, Dr. Bruce Banner. Her relationship with Bruce soured after Bruce's failed attempts at cracking the super soldier problem turned him into the Hulk.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of University of California, Berkeley
- Minor Appearances of University of California, Berkeley
- Media University of California, Berkeley was Mentioned in
- Location Gallery: University of California, Berkeley
- Images related to University of California, Berkeley
- Marvel Staff members who were born in University of California, Berkeley
Links and References