The Church would generally show up at a planet offering true peace and harmony through faith. If accepted, the Church would peacefully take over. If not accepted, the Church would "purify" the planet, subjugating the population and exterminating any that would not willingly convert.
The head of the Church was the Matriarch, ruling from a central planet generally called "Homeworld". The planet was usually a center for religious pilgrimage, and overcrowded quickly, so the Church shifted from one planet to another every few years. Some of the places have included G5 Deneb and Sirius X, in the Hercules star cluster.
War of the Worlds: Earth-691
By the 31st Century the Church ruled roughly half the Milky Way galaxy. Seeing no sign of the return of the Magus, the Church created its own nearly omnipotent ruler called the Protégé. The Guardians of the Galaxy of that era worked to stop the Protege before he could usurp the One-Above-All as supreme ruler of everything.
- The Church made use of Faith Generators, which could channel the energy of belief from its followers, for use in powering its spaceships, its Cardinals, and other uses.
- Templeships were the standard vehicle for Church star travel, powered by Faith Generators and acting as battleships for their conflicts.
- Many other spaceships and battleships were also used, utilising more standard weapons and energy sources.
Weapons: None known.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- 19 Universal Church of Truth (Earth-616) Members
- 30 Appearances of Universal Church of Truth (Earth-616)
- 2 Media Universal Church of Truth (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 2 Images that include Universal Church of Truth (Earth-616)
- Team Gallery: Universal Church of Truth (Earth-616)
Links and References
- Appendix to the Handbook of the Marvel Universe - Universal Church of Truth