The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, commonly known as the United Kingdom (UK) or Britain,is a sovereign state in Europe. The island of Great Britain is located off the coast of Europe, the north-eastern part of the island of Ireland, and many smaller islands Northern Ireland is the only part of the UK that shares a land border with another state the Republic of Ireland. While each country has its own capital, the capital of the union is located in London in the south of England. The British Empire comprised the dominions, colonies, protectorates, mandates and other territories ruled or administered by the United Kingdom. It originated with the overseas possessions. The country once ruled one-fifth of the world's population at the time, almost a quarter of the Earth's total land area.
- British Empire
- Events the took place in London
- Events the took place in England
- Events the took place in Scotland.
- Events the took place in Wales.
- Events the took place in Northern Ireland.
Points of Interest
- United Kingdom of Great Britain
- See also: Category:British
- Appearances of United Kingdom
- Minor Appearances of United Kingdom
- Media United Kingdom was Mentioned in
- Location Gallery: United Kingdom
- Images related to United Kingdom