- I am the Great D'Ken, and everything you are today, you owe to me.
- -- D'Ken
Appearing in "Chapter Nine: Vulcan’s Descent"Edit
- Vulcan (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Deathbird (Appears in flashback and main story)
- D'Ken (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Chancellor Araki (Appears in flashback and main story)
- unnamed Shi'ar soldiers
- Prison guards
- Lieutenant (warship)
- Captain (warship)
- catatonic telepaths
- soldiers of the Shi'ar Secret Order
- Shi'ar Empire Space
- Shi'ar High Council Starways
- The Third Moon of Phygim
- High Security Prison
- Shi'ar Emperor’s Hospice
Synopsis for "Chapter Nine: Vulcan’s Descent"Edit
Vulcan frees Deathbird from captivity and together, the two make short work of the Shi'ar prison guards. Deathbird's innate savagery forces Vulcan to analyze his own aggression, but he is still committed towards bringing down the Shi'ar Empire. The battle enhances the passions of each of them and a whirlwind romance ensues.
Later, Vulcan and Deathbird fly to one of the Shi'ar moons where they meet with Chancellor Araki. Araki brings them inside of a sacred crypt where the former Emperor, D'Ken lies comatose. His mind shut down after exposure to the fabled M'Krann Crystal many years ago. Araki's telepaths have succeeded in repairing a large portion of D'Ken's mind, but he still suffers from traumatic neurological damage. Vulcan uses his own powers to fully heal and revive D'Ken. Vulcan's motives are hardly altruistic however; as he plans to eventually kill D'Ken in his own time. For now however, he stands by him as an ally.
Araki and his Secret Order are loyal to D'ken and together they seek to overthrow the current regime, ultimately returning D’ken to his role as Emperor. D'ken, in an effort to insure Vulcan's loyalty, arranges to have him wed his sister, Deathbird.
Meanwhile, Araki and the Secret Order makes its first violent attack against the Shi'ar Empire.
- This issue is Chapter Nine of the Twelve issue story arc entitled “The Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire'”
- This is the last issue the X-Men do not appear in the story arc.
- The events from this issue take place prior to the events from Uncanny X-Men #482.
- This issue is reprinted in comics and books, see references for info.
- No trivia.
- Uncanny X-Men #475 (Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire Part I)
- Uncanny X-Men #476 (Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire Part II)
- Uncanny X-Men #477 (Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire Part III)
- Uncanny X-Men #478 (Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire Part IV)
- Uncanny X-Men #479 (Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire Part V)
- Uncanny X-Men #480 (Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire Part VI)
- Uncanny X-Men #481 (Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire Part VII)
- Uncanny X-Men #482 (Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire Part VIII)
Links and ReferencesEdit
- ↑ This story is reprinted in the following comics/TPB's:
|Like this? Let us know!|