- ...blessed goddess, I fear... we are truly doomed!
- -- Storm
Appearing in "Into the Void"Edit
- Mr. Kobiashi, a Japanese technician - (Only Appearance), (Death)
- Hideko, assistant to Kobiashi - (Only Appearance), (Death)
- Mr. Tanaka, a Japanese scientist - (Only Appearance), (Death)
- Mr. Rosmenkov, Russian scientist - (Only Appearance), (Death)
- Unnamed scientists - (Killed)
- Unnamed rebel from the Void (Dimension) Void
- Unnamed mutants from Earth-1191 - (Killed)
- Sakhalin Islands
Synopsis for "Into the Void"Edit
On the Sakhalin Islands, Sunfire meets with government officials from Japan and Russia to deal with a massive, sealed crater on the island. While investigating, Sunfire uses his powers on the cap to the crater. The crater changes into a void and knocks out Sunfire. Three figures emerge from the void and kill everyone else. Nearby, the X-Men are on their way home from their latest battle when they receive a distress call. They reach the island and engage in battle with the aliens. However, Storm realizes that the aliens are fighting to protect the crater. The aliens are defeated but one of them reveals that they were not here to kill mindlessly, but to protect the X-Men’s world from the void. With that said, the void opens and sucks in the X-Men, while Xavier and Forge escape. Meanwhile, Bishop, Malcolm and Randall begin to hunt down the criminals from the future. Unfortunately, the men have no other choice but to kill the criminals, who refuse to turn themselves in, which are all of them.
- This issue is reprinted in many other comics and books, see references for more info.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Uncanny X-Men at Wikipedia.org
- Uncanny X-Men series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Uncanny X-Men (1st series) index at Uncanny X-Men.net
- Uncanny X-Men series index at the Grand Comics Database Project
- Uncanny X-Men at the Complete Marvel Reading Order
- The Unofficial Handbook of Marvel Comics Creators - accessed on 11/30/2009
- The Official Marvel Index to the X-Men Vol 2 #5 - See for further referencing
|Like this? Let us know!|