- You are my army. My warriors! And against you the X-Men have no hope of survival!
Appearing in "Payback"Edit
- Emma Frost - (Body with Jean Grey's mind)
- Hellions - (Death)
- Tarot - (Death)
- The X.S.E. - (First appearance)
- The Upstarts
- Sentinels Mk VI
- Sentinels (Earth-1191)
- Donald Pierce - (Corpse)
- Burke - (Only appearance), (Death)
- Kroeger - (Only appearance), (Death)
- Stylles - (First appearance)
- Unnamed guards for Trevor Fitzroy
- Unnamed Upstart assassin
- Several unnamed Hellions - (Killed)
- Various mutants from Earth-1191
- New York
- Arctic Ocean
- Trevor Fitzroy's iceberg base
Synopsis for "Payback"Edit
The X-Men return to the mansion with the body of Jean Grey, who was killed by the Sentinels while the X-Men attended a party at the Hellfire Club. Xavier scans Jean and discovers that the woman is not dead, but has somehow transferred her psyche into the body of Emma Frost, who supposedly died, though Xavier does not believe so. Jean wakes up inside Emma’s body and witnesses Fitzroy forcibly take control of the Upstarts from Shinobi Shaw. Later on, Fitzroy displays his powers and opens a portal to the future to bring some of his allies. When he tries to absorb Emma, Jean retaliates and surprises everyone with her telekinesis. The X-Men find Jean, thanks to data from a Sentinel, and they bring her back to the Blackbird to return her back to her body. The other X-Men stay behind to battle Fitzroy, who kills all the Hellions in his possession and opens a giant portal, which unleashes an army of denizens from the future. The X-Men defeat the army and turn their attention to Fitzroy, who is attacked by new arrivals from the portal, including a man named Bishop, who wears a uniform similar to those of the X-Men!
- This issue is reprinted in many other comics and books, see references for more info.
- The Hellion, Tarot, is killed in this issue, however she was also killed in the last issue. This discrepancy was never explained.
- Uncanny X-Men #281 - Fitzroy attacks the Hellions and X-Men.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Uncanny X-Men at Wikipedia.org
- Uncanny X-Men series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Uncanny X-Men (1st series) index at Uncanny X-Men.net
- Uncanny X-Men series index at the Grand Comics Database Project
- Uncanny X-Men at the Complete Marvel Reading Order
- The Unofficial Handbook of Marvel Comics Creators - accessed on 11/29/2009
- The Official Marvel Index to the X-Men Vol 2 #5 - See for further referencing
|Like this? Let us know!|