- My back is shattered, a parting gift from the Shadow King... it appears if I am ever to achieve my dream... I will need all of you... to walk me there.
- -- Professor X
Appearing in "One Step Back--Two Steps Forward (Muir Island Saga, Pt. 4)"Edit
- Col. Alexei Vazhin
- Mystique (Raven Darkhölme)
- Shadow King
- Legion (David Haller) (Possessed by Shadow King)
- Dr. Moira MacTaggert (Possessed by Shadow King)
- Siryn (Terry Rourke) (Possessed by Shadow King)
- Multiple Man (Jamie Madrox) (Possessed by Shadow King)
- Polaris (Lorna Dane) (Possessed by Shadow King)
- Guido (Possessed by Shadow King)
- Agent DeMarco (Death)
- Agent Heacock (Death)
- Plasma cannon
- S.H.I.E.L.D. scout-craft
Synopsis for "One Step Back--Two Steps Forward (Muir Island Saga, Pt. 4)"Edit
Xavier inspects the ruins of Muir Island and finds X-Factor and the free X-Men held in a telekinetic field by Legion, who has been made the Shadow King’s new host body. The Professor and the Shadow King fight while Storm, who had remained hidden after her defeat by Legion, zaps him with lightning, causing him to lose control over the telekinetic field and retreat. Xavier and the free mutants come up with a plan. Xavier will engage the Shadow King on the astral plane, with Jean anchoring him and Storm, Cyclops, Colossus and Archangel shielding them from physical attacks, while Beast, Banshee, Iceman, Forge and Rogue will enter the lab complex to disrupt the Shadow King’s nexus. Xavier is not faring very well on the astral plane, as his astral injuries all show on his physical body too. First his legs are broken and he suffers more injuries. The lab team has to fight the mutants still influenced by the Shadow King, and many personal issues hinder them, like Banshee having to go up against Moira and Siryn for example. The team that is supposed to guard Xavier enters the astral plane too through Jean’s telepathy to help the Professor, yet this exposes him to physical danger in the form of Legion lurking around. The Shadow King now can destroy both Xavier’s mind and body, but before he fulfills his deed, Forge uses a neurosynaptic weapon on Psylocke and, while she is still dazed, plunges her psychic blade into Polaris’s head, disrupting the Nexus and the Shadow King’s power source. The Shadow King vanishes, Legion falls unconscious and Xavier’s back is broken, but the X-Men win and the dream is still alive.
- Part 4 of 4 of the Muir Island Saga crossover event.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Uncanny X-Men at Wikipedia.org
- Uncanny X-Men at Marvel Subscriptions
- Uncanny X-Men series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Uncanny X-Men series index at Uncanny X-Men.net
- Uncanny X-Men series index at the Grand Comics Database Project
- Uncanny X-Men at the Complete Marvel Reading Order
- The Unofficial Handbook of Marvel Comics Creators - accessed on 11/24/2009
- The Official Marvel Index to the X-Men Vol 2 #5 - See for further referencing
|Like this? Let us know!|