- You've usurped... my place and powers... long enough!
- -- Professor X
Appearing in "Free Charley"Edit
- Lila Cheney
- Stevie Hunter
- Empress Lilandra Neramani
- Deathbird (Cal'syee Neramani)
- Imperial Guard
- The Host (Disbands)
- Colossus (Peter Rasputin) (Possessed by Shadow King)
- Shadow King (Possess Colossus)
- Unnamed P!ndyr
Races and Species
- Shi'ar Empire
- New York
- Host's Nexus Amplifier
Synopsis for "Free Charley"Edit
The X-Men fight the Starjammers, who are Warskrulls in disguise. Inside their ship, Gambit helps the X-Men, while Lila Cheney and Deathbird locate the Warskrulls' matrix. Charles Xavier mentally guides Lila to teleport the rest of the X-Men into that chamber where another big fight erupts. At first, Storm, Forge, Banshee, and Gambit hold their ground against Gladiator and Skrull versions of Wolverine, Psylocke and Jubilee; but are taken down by the Skrull Xavier. During the fight, the matrix control was damaged and the real Xavier is freed and defeats the Skrulls. Deathbird leaves and Lilandra get the throne back. Xavier goes back to Earth with the X-Men to battle the Shadow King. Meanwhile, in Salem Center, Colossus (possessed by Shadow King) attacks Stevie Hunter.
- This issue is reprinted in many other comics and books, see references for more info.
- Originally priced at $1.00 US and $1.25 Canada.
- Ads in this issue included : [inside front cover] Tradewest, Fleer, A line in the Sand, Rocketeer, Dungeons & Dragons, (4 page ad) Nolan, The Science Fiction Book Club, NBA Hoops, Marvel, Subscribe and Save, [inside back cover] 3 Musketeers, [back cover] NBA.
- Remy LeBeau and James Howlett are featured on the cover of this issue. [Elizabeth Braddock, James Howlett, Remy LeBeau, Forge, Jubilation Lee, and Ororo Munroe are featured in the top left corner].
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Uncanny X-Men at Wikipedia.org
- Uncanny X-Men series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Uncanny X-Men (1st series) index at Uncanny X-Men.net
- Uncanny X-Men series index at the Grand Comics Database Project
- Uncanny X-Men at the Complete Marvel Reading Order
- The Unofficial Handbook of Marvel Comics Creators - accessed on 11/18/2009
- The Official Marvel Index to the X-Men Vol 2 #5 - See for further referencing
|Like this? Let us know!|