Appearing in "The Path Not Taken!"Edit
- Empress Lilandra Neramani
- Magneto (Erik Lehnsherr)
- The Imperial Guard
- Lila Cheney
- Ka-Zar (Kevin Plunder)
- Col. Nicholas Fury
- Chief Nereel
- Shanna the She-Devil (Shanna O'Hara)
- Deathbird (Cal'syee Neramani)
- Savage Land Mutates
- Colonel Yuri Semyanov (Death)
- The Host
- Shadow King (Only in flashback)
- Anya Lehnsherr (Only in flashback)
- P!rai and other unnamed Shi'ar citizens and aliens
- Unnamed Skrulls
- Unnamed P!ndyr
- Unnamed Russian soldiers
- Various dinosaurs
- Unnamed Swamp Men
- Unnamed S.H.I.E.L.D. soldiers
- Isabelle, Magneto's girlfriend (Only in flashback)
- Shi'ar Empire
- Near the Zhylian Cascadhel
- Savage Land
- Zaladane's citadel (Destroyed)
- Savage Land
- Zaladane's power-transferral machine
Synopsis for "The Path Not Taken!"Edit
The Starjammers led by a mysterious Warlord force their way on the royal Behemoth flagship in order to turn back the Shi'ar Throne to Lilandra usurped by her sister Deathbird, the Starjammer found their welcome by the imperial guard, the x-men are prisoners of Deathbird's pet Manacle, Wolverine freed himself with a little help of Jubilee but he was nearly killed by Deathbird, meanwhile the Starjammers to defeat the imperial guard joined with recently freed X-men, Wolverine recovered with his healing factor and went in hunt of Deathbird, he manage to capture her and brought her before Lilandra.
At the Savage Land, Rogue has made team up with Ka-Zar and Nick Fury. Magneto has been made captive by Zaladane who tortures him and steal his powers through a device created by Brainchild. While Rogue and her team fight against Zaladane and the others Magneto uses the device to regain his powers and then he kills Zaladane, he warns Rogue to abandon the citadel before he smashes it.
Back in Shi'ar Lilandra enjoys her victory over Deathbird and the Warlord reveals himself to be Charles Xavier, the Professor attacked to Oracle and Gladiator make them kneel before him.
- This issue celebrates the 275th issue of the series, and is printed as a 48-page giant.
- This issue is reprinted in many other comics and books, see references for more info.
- This issue was winner of the Eagle Award for 1990.
- Banshee uses the Irish term "colleen", meaning "little girl", when talking to Jubilee.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Uncanny X-Men at Wikipedia.org
- Uncanny X-Men series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Uncanny X-Men (1st series) index at Uncanny X-Men.net
- Uncanny X-Men series index at the Grand Comics Database Project
- Uncanny X-Men at the Complete Marvel Reading Order
- The Unofficial Handbook of Marvel Comics Creators - accessed on 11/17/2009
- The Official Marvel Index to the X-Men Vol 2 #5 - See for further referencing
- ↑ This story is reprinted in the following comics/TPB's:
- Marvel Milestones: Jim Lee and Chris Claremont - X-Men & Starjammers #1 - 2nd story
- X-Men: Crossroads TPB #1 - 3rd story
- X-Men Visionaries: Jim Lee TPB #1 - 9th story
|Like this? Let us know!|