- To coin a phrase, old man: ...this land -- I daresay, this entire world -- isn't big enough for the both of us!
- -- Zaladane
Appearing in "Crossroads"Edit
- Magneto (Erik Lehnsherr) (Flashback and main story)
- Ka-Zar (Kevin Plunder)
- Lila Cheney
- Director Nick Fury
- Unnamed soldiers
- Manacle (First appearance)
- Savage Land Mutates
- Trish Tilby (Appears on a Computer Screen, TV or Hologram Only)
- Colonel Yuri Semyanov
- Unnamed protesters, scientists and reporters
- President George Bush, Sr.
- Various dinosaurs
- Unnamed Swamp Men
- Unnamed Russian soldiers
Synopsis for "Crossroads"Edit
Zaladane has erected six towers in the Savage Land and is now in sync with earth’s magnetic field. With her magnetic powers she has scrambled all communication within the Savage Land, and the effects of her mad quest for power are already felt far away, as Argentina was hit by a massive earthquake. SHIELD has sent in Nick Fury and a team of agents, but most of them perished with their chopters down because of such electro-magnetic pulse neutralizing all electronics, and then rocks hurled from an air-cavalry of pterasaurs. Magneto and Rogue have allied up with Ka-Zar but they don’t fare much better. Apparently something went wrong when Magneto reintegrated her bio-matrix, as she is only a shadow of her former self. Her absorption power doesn’t work and she is only slightly stronger than an average person. Magneto finds himself in a moral conflict, he knows that there is only one way to stop Zaladane, but killing her would surely end his beginning relationship with Rogue. Meanwhile the X-Men have been teleported to Shi’Ar space by Lila Cheney. Immediately they get captured by Deathbird who wants them to kill Charles Xavier.
- This issue is reprinted in many other comics and books, see references for more info.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Uncanny X-Men at Wikipedia.org
- Uncanny X-Men series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Uncanny X-Men (1st series) index at Uncanny X-Men.net
- Uncanny X-Men series index at the Grand Comics Database Project
- Uncanny X-Men at the Complete Marvel Reading Order
- The Unofficial Handbook of Marvel Comics Creators - accessed on 11/10/2009
- The Official Marvel Index to the X-Men Vol 2 #5 - See for further referencing
- ↑ This story is reprinted in the following comics/TPB's:
- Marvel Milestones: Jim Lee and Chris Claremont - X-Men & Starjammers #1 - 1st story
- X-Men: Crossroads TPB #1 - 2nd story
- X-Men Visionaries: Jim Lee TPB #1 - 8th story
|Like this? Let us know!|