- Hasn't been your night, eh, chère? Or maybe it has -- considering how often I am here to rescue you.
- -- Gambit
Appearing in "Gambit: Out of the Frying Pan"Edit
- Val Cooper (Possessed by Shadow King)
- Dr. Lian Shen (Possessed by Shadow King)
- Jacob Reisz (Possessed by Shadow King)
- Orphan-Maker (Peter)
- Destiny (Irene Adler) (In a photograph only)
- Unnamed human "Hounds", servants of the Shadow King
Synopsis for "Gambit: Out of the Frying Pan"Edit
In her attempt to steal back some stolen paintings, Ororo has run right into the Shadow King's trap. She desperately struggles against the attacks of his Hounds and, after hurting the King with her haphazard weather power, she falls into a pool, from which she is rescued by a charismatic young thief who calls himself Gambit and has mutant powers himself. Gambit almost manages to mesmerize the King's aide Lian with his charm, but is attacked by the King himself. Together, though, the two thieves manage to trick their attackers and flee via the roof and Storm's parachute. Later, at the junkyard where Storm is staying, she admits that the Shadow King won’t give up and Gambit is now likely part of his vendetta. Nanny and the Orphan-Maker have finally almost located Storm again. Nanny is determined to "rescue" her, before the Shadow King gets Ororo. In Washington D.C., Val Cooper is sent by the Shadow King to assassinate Mystique, who, courtesy of a letter by Destiny, is already expecting her. However, Mystique doesn't act to stop Val.
- This issue is reprinted in many other comics and books, see references for more info.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Uncanny X-Men at Wikipedia.org
- Uncanny X-Men series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Uncanny X-Men (1st series) index at Uncanny X-Men.net
- Uncanny X-Men series index at the Grand Comics Database Project
- Uncanny X-Men at the Complete Marvel Reading Order
- The Unofficial Handbook of Marvel Comics Creators - accessed on 11/01/2009
- The Official Marvel Index to the X-Men Vol 2 #5 - See for further referencing
|Like this? Let us know!|