- You're real slime, you know that?
- -- Jubilee to Matsu'o Tsurayaba
Appearing in "Broken Chains"Edit
- Muir Island X-Men
- Nick Fury (In an illusion or vision)
- Carol Danvers (In an illusion or vision)
- Jean Grey (Dream)
- Mariko Yashida (Dream)
- Yukio (Dream)
- Unnamed Chinese citizens
Synopsis for "Broken Chains"Edit
The Hand has put Wolverine into a sensory deprivation tank and now Psylocke tries to brainwash him for the Hand. Meanwhile, Jubilee starts a scene and is caught and led away by the Mandarin. A short while later, chaos ensues after Psylocke forges a mental connection with Wolverine through her psychic blade. Suddenly, she is tapped into his psychosis and reacts to his phantom versions of Nick fury and Carol Danvers as real. Wolverine uses the confusion to break out of the tank and faces Psylocke. A little later, Psylocke presents Wolverine's lifeless body to the Mandarin, announcing that he is dead and causing an enraged Jubilee cuts loose with her powers. Psylocke, who has her old personality back, attacks the Mandarin. Severely outmatched, she orders Jubilee to flee with Wolverine. Before the Mandarin can kill her, Wolverine threatens him with his claws and they reach a compromise. Later, the three X-Men leave Hong Kong. Jubilee is still distrustful of Betsy, as Betsy is of herself. Wolverine trusts her because he has no choice. On Muir Isle, Forge has installed a defense system and Banshee is still unsettled by the wrongness he senses. Lorna Dane has been imprisoned by Legion. Thanks to her negative influence, his evil, Jack Wayne persona is now dominant and intends to make the entire island his personal playground.
- Part of the Acts of Vengeance event.
- This issue is reprinted in many other comics and books, see references for more info.
- Josef Rubinstein is credited as being an inker for this issue in The Official Marvel Index to the X-Men Vol 2 #5 but is not credited in the issue itself.
- Originally priced at $1.00 US and $1.25 Canada.
- Ads in this issue include : [inside front cover] Taito, Taxan, American Entertainment Blow-Out, East Coast Comics, Castle Mammon and Gigantic New York Covention, Comic Collector, New England Comics, Bullpen Bulletins, The Complete Marvel Collection at Speacial Discount Prices, Incredible Savings, [inside back cover] TSR, [back cover] Aklaim
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Uncanny X-Men at Wikipedia.org
- Uncanny X-Men series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Uncanny X-Men (1st series) index at Uncanny X-Men.net
- Uncanny X-Men series index at the Grand Comics Database Project
- Uncanny X-Men at the Complete Marvel Reading Order
- The Unofficial Handbook of Marvel Comics Creators - accessed on 10/28/2009
- The Official Marvel Index to the X-Men Vol 2 #5 - See for further referencing
|Like this? Let us know!|