- Rock-a-bye baby... in the treetop. When the wind blows... the cradle will rock. When the bough breaks... the cradle will fall! ...And down will come Psylocke... X-Men and all!
- -- Nanny
Appearing in "The Cradle Will Fall"Edit
- The X-Men
- Orphan-Maker (Peter)
- The Reavers
- Spiral (Ricochet Rita) (Dream)
- Mojo (Dream)
- Rogue (Dream)
- Wolverine Reaver robot (Destroyed)
- Nanny's Sky-bug ship
Synopsis for "The Cradle Will Fall"Edit
Donald Pierce and his new compatriots, the Reavers, practice their coming attack on the X-Men. Meanwhile, back in Australia, Longshot dreams. In the state of Dreamtime, brought on by Gateway, Longshot speaks with Storm and tells her that he must leave the group to search for his identity. Nanny and the Orphan Maker, knowing of the coming deadly conflict with the Reavers, finalize their plan to save the X-Men, quite against their will. They arrive at the X-Men camp and swiftly capture Psylocke, Havok and Dazzler. The three captured X-Men are placed in armor, designed by Nanny, which bend the X-Men against their will. The three are then forced to use their powers against the still free X-Men, Storm and Colossus. During the following conflict Havok is freed from his armor. Still groggy, he fires a plasma discharge at Nanny's fleeing sky ship, which crashes to the ground, exploding on impact. To his horror, Havok is informed that the ship carried not only the fleeing Nanny and Orphan Maker, but the captured Storm as well. She is found dead among the debris.
- Longshot has left the team to learn about his past.
- This issue is reprinted in many other comics and books, see references for more info.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Uncanny X-Men at Wikipedia.org
- Uncanny X-Men series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Uncanny X-Men (1st series) index at Uncanny X-Men.net
- Uncanny X-Men series index at the Grand Comics Database Project
- Uncanny X-Men at the Complete Marvel Reading Order
- The Unofficial Handbook of Marvel Comics Creators - accessed on 10/21/2009
- The Official Marvel Index to the X-Men Vol 2 #5 - See for further referencing
|Like this? Let us know!|