- I am -- DOOM! I rule here.
- -- Doctor Doom
Appearing in "Kidnapped!"Edit
- Scott Summers
- Captain Lee Forrester
- Stevie Hunter
- Beast (Hank McCoy)
- Illyana Rasputin (Cameo)
- Dr. Moira MacTaggart (Cameo)
- John Grey (Cameo)
- Elaine Grey (Cameo)
- Amanda Sefton (Cameo)
- Various New Yorkers
- Unnamed others
- New York
- New Mexico
- Bermuda Triangle
- Cyclops' Visor, ver. 2
- Battle-suits "designed to trash the Fantastic Four"
- Holempathic Matrix crystal
- Metabolic Transmuter
- Neural Disruptor
Synopsis for "Kidnapped!"Edit
Stevie Hunter and Ororo went to see an Britain's Royal Ballet. While watching the ballet, Miss Locke entered their box and touched them with a fatal contact poison, a poison she had the antidote to. The poison was merely to buy their undivided attention as Miss Locke related how and why Doom captured Arcade, that she would like the X-Men to rescue Arcade, and that many of the X-Men's family and friends had been captured to ensure that they would. Ororo fell unconscious, and when she awoke Stevie and Miss Locke were gone. She checked on Amanda Sefton and the Greys, but they were all missing. She returned to the mansion.
The X-Men contacted Beast to get information about Dr. Doom from the Avengers. Wolverine argued that they couldn't submit to blackmail, they had to nail Murderworld so hard no one would attack their loved ones and friends again. Ororo agreed, and had a plan. Professor X telepathically contacted former X-Men Havok, Polaris, Iceman, and Banshee to provide extra manpower for the two-pronged assault. Team 1 (Storm, Angel, Colossus, Wolverine, Nightcrawler) would rescue Arcade from Dr. Doom, buying time for Havok, Polaris, Iceman, and Banshee to rescue their friends from Murderworld.
Professor X was unable to contact Cyclops. That may have been because he was just waking up on an unknown Caribbean beach where he and Lee Forrester may have been the only inhabitants. Lee had been tossed overboard by a freak storm, and Scott dove in after her, and now they were stranded.
Meanwhile at Doom's Castle, the Adirondacks, Storm made a dramatic entrance and demanded to speak with Dr. Doom. Dr. Doom emerged and consented to discussing Storm's demand (that he release Arcade) over dinner. Meanwhile the other X-Men in her team infiltrated the castle to rescue Arcade. Unfortunately for them, they found Arcade's cell empty, and were then set upon by men in battle-suits. A fierce battle ensued with the X-Men victorious. In the dining room, Doom was monitoring the battle while engaging Storm in conversation. When it became apparent the battle-suits had lost, Doom presented another of his guests, Arcade. Realizing it was a trap, Storm attacked Doom, but he withstood the assault and hit Storm with a weapon that turned her into a statue. The other X-Men arrived seconds too late, only to be laid low by energy weapons. Colossus emerged unscathed, but Dr. Doom paralyzed him with a neural disruptor and emerged victorious.
- This issue is reprinted in many other comics and books, see references for more info.
The Doctor Doom in this issue is later confirmed to be a Doombot (see next issue's Trivia section).
- Havok's name is misspelled throughout as "Havoc".
- Aleytys' name is misspelled as "Aleytis" throughout.
- Printing Error: The first time Marvel Two-In-One #68 is cited, 68 is accidentally omitted, although space was clearly left for it, and the # sign is there.
- This is the first in a storyline that continues in Uncanny X-Men #146 and #147.
- X-Men #122-124 - Arcade's first attempt on the X-Men.
- Uncanny X-Men 143 - Kitty's battle with a N'Garai demon that trashed the mansion.
- Marvel Two-In-One #68 - Arcade's run-in with Doom.
- Fantastic Four #200 - Dr. Doom deposed as ruler of Latveria
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Uncanny X-Men at Wikipedia.org
- Uncanny X-Men series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Uncanny X-Men (1st series) index at Uncanny X-Men.net
- Uncanny X-Men series index at the Grand Comics Database Project
- Uncanny X-Men at the Complete Marvel Reading Order
- The Unofficial Handbook of Marvel Comics Creators - accessed on 07/12/2009
- The Official Marvel Index to the X-Men Vol 2 #3 - See for further referencing
|Like this? Let us know!|