- We wear these things so people don't know who we are. But I want you to know exactly who I am. My name is Alex Summers. I am a student of Professor Charles Xavier. This team is an embodiment of his simple dream of all people working together. A fight more important now than ever. Recently the world saw my brother Scott infused with the power of a God. And while he tried to make a lasting change to fix what he saw as broken, no man should ever unilaterally take action or choose for so many. It is hubris. I never quite saw things as my brother did, and later our views diverged even further. I don't see myself as being born into a mutant cult or religion. Having an X-Gene doesn't bond me to anyone. It doesn't define me. In fact, I see the very word "mutant" as divisive. Old thinking that serves to further separate us from our fellow man. We are all humans. Of one tribe. We are defined by our choices, not the makeup of our genes. So please, don't call us mutants. The "M" word represents everything I hate... How about [calling me] Alex?
- -- Havok
Appearing in "Let the Good Times Roll"Edit
- Avengers Unity Division (First appearance as the Avengers Unity Division)
- Brotherhood of Evil Mutants (Mentioned)
- Avalanche (Dominic Petros) (Mentioned)
- Clan Akkaba
- Kang the Conqueror
- X-Men (Only in flashback)
- Professor X (Charles Xavier) (Photo)
- Avengers (Photo)
- Archangel (Warren Worthington III) (Mentioned)
- Red Skull (Johann Shmidt) (Mentioned)
- Honest John (Mentioned)
Synopsis for "Let the Good Times Roll"Edit
The team makes their debut as the Avengers Unity Division (which also contains Sunfire, Wasp, and Wonder Man as the team's latest recruits) during a press conference that debuts them. The press conference is then crashed by a resurrected Grim Reaper who attacks the Avengers Unity Squad while claiming that he is now unable to die. During the fight, Rogue absorbs some of Wonder Man's powers and seemingly punches Grim Reaper harder than normal, apparently killing Grim Reaper in the process.
- No special notes.
- • Wonder Man, Wasp and Sunfire join the team just in time for Grim Reaper’s revenge!
• Tension between the team builds as Havok’s leadership is questioned!
• The death of a major character at the hands of an Avenger in broad daylight!
- The above quote in which Havok rejects the idea of mutants being a minority and instead supports them being a part of humanity, and Remender's comment on the speech to detractors to "drown yourselves in hobo piss", generated some controversy.
- Takes place during All-New X-Men Vol 1 13.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|