Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- I gotta get out of here before I slip and hurt myself on the testosterone.
Appearing in "Wannabe"Edit
- Spider-Man (Peter Parker) (Appears in flashback and main story)
- May Parker
- Ben Parker
- Mary Jane Watson (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Harry Osborn
- Flash Thompson
- Kong (Appears in flashback and main story)
Synopsis for "Wannabe"Edit
Norman Osborn reiterates the incident with Peter that happened at Osborn Industries to his board of directors. He wishes to sway them so that they can do the same thing to him, but with his own DNA instead of that of a spider. Elsewhere, Peter and MJ are attending a local professional wrestling match where Crusher Hogan is willing to take on all-comers.
When Flash's pal Kong tries to take on Hogan, he is stopped since he is not 21. A confrontation between Flash and Peter then happens, but MJ gets disgusted and leaves before anything can develop. That night, Peter, wearing a makeshift costume, goes back to the arena to fight Hogan for the money. Peter handles him with ease, gets the money, and is invited by the manager to come back on Monday to fight for more money. At home, he secretly gives the money to Ben and May with an anonymous note that says the money is from a special collection at the school.
At school, Peter is approached by his gym teacher who used to berate him. He is looking for Peter to join the basketball team to help fill Flash's spot. Peter does so with relish when Flash protests and he quickly becomes the star player, thanks to his powers. Later, he has to blow off studying with MJ so that he can go wrestle Crusher Hogan again.
He does so with ease and the announcer gives him his stage name of the amazing and spectacular Spider-Man, though Peter asks just to be called the Spider. While the manager is pissed about Peters anonymity, he asks Peter to come back again and gives him a better get-up. It turns out to be the familiar red and blue costume, sans spider and webbing which Peter remarks it needs. Elsewhere, Norman is shown being strapped in for the experiment by Doctor Octavius (with his metal arms). Harry walks in, but is escorted out before it begins. However, he returns and hears his father scream.
- This issue is reprinted in Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 1: Power and Responsibility and Ultimate Marvel Magazine #1.
- MJ is shown wearing a shirt that says "Old Army". This is most likely a pun on the popular clothing store Old Navy.
- The wrestling event that the youngsters attend is the "UCW: Spankdown". This is most likely a pun on the ECW and the WWE program SmackDown!.
- Peter's basketball jersey number is 00, which is very similar to the markings on the back of the spider that had bitten him and given him his powers.
- Doctor Octavius is shown using his robotic arms when helping Norman Osborn. These will eventually become fused to his body, turning him into the villain Doctor Octopus.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|