- Back East I remember reading about a fictitious gun-fighter named the Two-Gun Kid! I don't know what ever happened to him, but I think I'll borrow the name!
- -- Two-Gun Kid
Appearing in "The Beginning of the Two-Gun Kid"Edit
- Two-Gun Kid (First appearance)
- Thunder (First appearance)
- Ben Dancer - (Only Appearance)
- Nancy Carter (First appearance)
- Clem Carter (First appearance)
Synopsis for "The Beginning of the Two-Gun Kid"Edit
Attorney Matt Hawk sets up a law office in the town of Tombstone, Texas. Almost immediately, he finds himself the target of a surly brute named Clem Carter. He prevents Clem from shooting down an aging gunfighter named Ben Dancer. To show his gratitude, Ben takes Matt in and teaches him everything there is to know about gun slinging. To protect himself from those who might attempt to build a reputation by gunning down Matt Hawk, Matt decides to adopt the identity of the Two-Gun Kid.
Appearing in "The Outcast!"Edit
- Growling Bear - (Only Appearance)
- Takawana - (Only Appearance)
- Tall Feather - (Only Appearance)
Synopsis for "The Outcast!"Edit
Growling Bear, chieftain of the Navajo nation determines that his son, Tall Feather is too weak and pacifistic to be of any use to the tribe, and brands him an outcast. He is exiled due to his refusal to take part in a raid against an American army fort. Growling Bear's other son, Takawana, is only too proud to serve in Tall Feather's place. The Navajos lead a raid against the fort, but the fight results in a massacre. Many Navajo warriors are killed. Tall Feather returns, and exposes Takawana as the instigator of the failed raid. He explains that Takawana secretly wanted the raid to fail, in the hopes that Growling Bear would be killed, thus making him the new chief. Growling Bear welcomes Tall Feather back into the tribe and exiles Takawana.
Appearing in "I Hate the Two-Gun Kid!"Edit
Synopsis for "I Hate the Two-Gun Kid!"Edit
Clem Carter and his friends discover that his sister has entrusted a large sum of money to Matt Hawk. They break into Matt's law office and surprise him. Outnumbering him, they easily tie him up, and make off with the cash. Nancy finds Matt hours later and frees him. Matt doesn’t let on that he knows Nancy's brother is responsible, and instead decides to resolve the matter as the Two-Gun Kid. Two-Gun tracks Clem and his friends to a local saloon and a gunfight ensues. Clem is actually killed by one of his own men, but the news quickly spreads around town that the Two-Gun Kid is responsible for Clem's death. Nancy is heartbroken, and openly proclaims her hatred of the Two-Gun Kid. Matt silently hopes that Nancy never learns the truth about his duel identity.
- This issue is reprinted in the first half of Marvel Milestones: Rawhide Kid and Two-Gun Kid.
- This issue is the first appearance of Matthew Liebowitz as the Two-Gun Kid. He makes reference to a previous "fictitious" Two-Gun Kid named Clay Harder in this issue.
- The full title of the third story in this issue is, What Happened to Make Nancy Carter Say: "I Hate the Two-Gun Kid!"
- I Hate the Two-Gun Kid is also reprinted in Mighty Marvel Western #3, Mighty Marvel Western #35, and Gunslingers #1.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Two-Gun Kid article at Wikipedia
- Two-Gun Kid article at Toonopedia
- Two-Gun Kid article at the Marvel Directory
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|