While still a child, an enemy soldier threatened him. Not realizing she had a superhuman power, Xi'an nevertheless, acting impulsively, took possession of the soldier's mind and stopped him from killing Tran. Tran then successfully attempted the same feat and forced the soldier to kill himself.
While Tran took great delight in this use of his new-found power, Xi'an was frightened of her own power. Xi'an kept their powers secret, but Tran told their uncle, Nguyen Ngoc Coy, a general in the Vietnamese army. General Coy later arranged for Xi'an's family to leave Vietnam, which was now entirely under a Communist government, but only Tran was sent abroad. General Coy had become a powerful and prosperous criminal in the United States (although he was publicly known as a businessman), and Tran was using his powers in his uncle's employ, having become cold, calculating and lacking any trace of humanity or compassion.
When General Coy kidnapped Leong and Nga, in an effort to blackmail Xi'an into working for him, Tran attacked Spider-Man, releasing him from Karma's possession. Tran later used his powers to take control of the Fantastic Four and have them attack Spider-Man, when they attempted to rescue the children again. To save Spider-Man, whom she now knew was no criminal, Xi'an was forced to kill her brother, by absorbing his life essence into herself.
- Telepathic Possession: Tran was a mutant who had the power to telepathically possess the minds of others.
- 9 Appearances of Tran Coy Manh (Earth-616)
- 2 Minor Appearances of Tran Coy Manh (Earth-616)
- Media Tran Coy Manh (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 3 Images featuring Tran Coy Manh (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Tran Coy Manh (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Tran Coy Manh (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|