Appearing in "The Moving Finger Writhes...!"Edit
- Headstone P. Gravely (Host)
- Harry Swann (Only appearance; dies)
- Ethel Swann (kiled by Harry Swann) (Only appearance; dies)
- Miss Pritchert (Harry's third grade teacher) (Mentioned)
- Andrew (chauffeur)
- Mama's Boy (race horse)
- Charlie Jenkins (construction worker)
- Life and Times of Harry Swann (book, retitled to Life and Times of Charlie Jenkins)
- Charlie's limousine
- Ethel's sedan
Synopsis for "The Moving Finger Writhes...!"Edit
Harridan Ethel Swann berates her husband Harry for working at a dead end job and suggests that he should get an "edjication". Frustrated, Harry leaves his apartment and goes for a walk. He stops at a rare book store and finds himself drawn to a particular tome with the title The Life and Times of Harry Swann. Perusing the text, he is shocked to discover that the book is a literal translation of his entire life's history. He purchases it and rushes home to read it. He soon discovers that some chapters pertain to events that have yet to take place. Following the words from the book, Harry turns his fortune around by placing surefire bets at the racetrack on horses that he knows will win. Harry and Ethel soon find themselves extremely wealthy, but Harry still cannot tolerate his wife's antics. As per the written page from his biography, Harry sabotages the brakes in his wife's car and Ethel dies. At the funeral, Harry is sure to shed as man convincing crocodile tears as possible. After the service, Harry is driving across a bridge when he stops due to some construction. He skims through the book, but comes to realize that the pages are now blank. Harry is confused. He gets out of the vehicle and approaches one of the workers. Suddenly, an iron beam collapses from the rigging and crushes him to death. One of the work men, Charlie Jenkins, picks up the book, but when he looks at the cover, he realizes that it now reads The Life and Times of Charlie Jenkins. Curious about his strange new discovery, Charlie wanders off and begins reading the book.
Appearing in "Midnight in the Wax Museum!"Edit
- Gary Friedrich (Host)
- Ryan Carter
- alien journalists
Synopsis for "Midnight in the Wax Museum!"Edit
- Synopsis not yet written.
Appearing in "The Terrible Old Man"Edit
- Digger (Host)
- Amos and his wife
- an old man
- Joe Czanek
Synopsis for "The Terrible Old Man"Edit
- Synopsis not yet written.
- "The Moving Finger Writhes...!" is reprinted in Giant-Size Chillers #3.
- "The Terrible Old Man" is based on an original short story by pulp horror novelist H.P. Lovecraft. It is reprinted in Masters of Terror #1.
- (January) The grooviest, most gargoyle-laden goodies of all — told in Marvel's midnight manner!
- (February) and, STILL ON SALE The grooviest, most gargoyle-laden goodies of all—told in Marvel's midnight manner!
- First professional Marvel Comics work of writer/editor Len Wein.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|