- If you still talk of weapons, then yes, you've missed everything. The old world ends here, Mr. Toussaint. In the new world that is to come -- we will not even know ourselves.
- -- Mad Thinker
Appearing in the 1st StoryEdit
- Human Torch (Jim Hammond) (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Toro (Tom Raymond) (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Nora Raymond (Only in flashback)
- Kenneth Laumer (Only in flashback)
- S.S. Sigurdsdottir
The resurrection of the Torch! The Mad Thinker proceeds with his investigation into the Jim Hammond's nature and origin, in order to rebuild him and put him in the service of A.I.M. But the Thinker's true goals go far beyond his brief, and in his hands, all knowledge is power.
- No special notes.
- The cover is an homage to Marvel Comics #1.
- When the Torch is resurrected, Thinker is paraphrasing a passage from Revelation 19:17 ("And then I saw an angel standing in the sun. 'Come, gather!' He called to the birds of the air and the fish of the sea. 'Gather for the great supper of the Almighty One.'")
- Thinker also quotes "Exegi monumentum aere perennius" from Horace's Odes. It means: "I have raised a monument more permanent than bronze."
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|