- My dad didn't build the Iron Man-- He didn't need to. He didn't need armor or weapons. He built the idea. The idea of Iron Man. The idea of the Avengers. My father... was an advanced idea mechanic. And so am I. So even if you do pull the trigger... It's too late. Because the idea is out there now. The idea is alive.
- -- Dr. Toni Ho src
Toni Ho's mother moved from China to Seattle in the '70s. A decade later, she fell in love with and married brilliant medical researcher Ho Yinsen, with whom she had Toni. Unfortunately, their marriage fell apart, causing Yinsen to move back to Timbetpal. He kept in touch with Toni regardless, through letters, phone calls, and occasional visits.
When Toni was eleven years old, Yinsen died saving Tony Stark's life in Afghanistan. Because of this, Toni resented Stark, believing he should've done more to save her father. From then on, Toni set out to be better than him.
After the unpleasant experience of high school, Toni began to study programming and engineering. Her talent got her a scholarship to Caltech, where she overlapped studies and eventually got three doctorates. She joined A.I.M. when Bobby da Costa rebranded it Avengers Idea Mechanics, and began to work for its Engineering Divison.
Toni took particular interest on studying the nature of Aikku Jokinen, a member of A.I.M.'s New Avengers whose body was merged with an intelligent suit of armor named Pod. Her interest only increased upon merging minds with Aikku in Avenger Five while the New Avengers fought American Kaiju, where she saw Aikku's real face. Toni began to admire Aikku for the sacrifice that meant giving up on a normal life to remain merged with the armor solely to ensure Pod's systems wouldn't reset, which would be the equivalent of killing it. The villainous Maker invaded A.I.M.'s Avenger Base Two when Toni was studying Pod at the base's Engineering Bay, and attacked them, seemingly killing Pod in the process.
Toni survived using a personal force shield, and subsequently donned her own Rescue Armor to fend off the intruders. When she began to assess the damage suffered by Pod, Aikku emerged from its carcass wearing the armor's undersuit, torn by grief because the magnitude of the attack had prevented Pod from ensuring the survival of both Aikku and itself.
Toni helped Aikku get used to the power set of Pod's undersuit. After a mission shutting down the rogue A.I.M. splinter cell A.G.M., Aikku expressed her gratitude for Toni's support in coping with Pod's absence, and both shared a kiss after confessing their feelings for each other.
When A.I.M. became a branch of S.H.I.E.L.D. under the name of American Intelligence Mechanics, Toni joined the organization's U.S.Avengers, undergoing a rebranding herself. Having ditched the Rescue Armor, Toni became the new Iron Patriot, but with the non-lethal aspect of her previous suit integrated into her new armor.
Genius Intelligence: Toni Ho is a prodigy. In addition to being an expert engineer, she had managed to gain three doctorates by the age of twenty.
- Regular Armor
- Stealth Armor: A skin-tight version of the Iron Patriot Armor which is worn under clothes. It encases Toni partially, leaving her face and legs exposed. It comes equipped with repulsor blasts and force screens.
- Heavy Combat Armor: A bulkier version of the suit, equipped with a shoulder-mounted concussion blast cannon.
Comes equipped with an array of features:
- Microsonic Attacks
- Gas Pellets
- Stun Lasers
- Force-Fields: The force fields generated by the Iron Patriot Armor are particularly strong, being capable of slowing down the Secret Empire's volcano island flying base, decreasing its speed by two thirds approximately.
- Toni's regular Iron Patriot Armor sports a design almost identical to the Iron Patriot Armor worn by Jim Rhodes in Iron Man 3.
- 23 Appearances of Toni Ho (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Toni Ho (Earth-616)
- Media Toni Ho (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 34 Images featuring Toni Ho (Earth-616)
- 3 Quotations by or about Toni Ho (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Toni Ho (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 U.S.Avengers #1
- ↑ New Avengers Vol 4 #9
- ↑ U.S.Avengers #8
- ↑ New Avengers Vol 4 #1
- ↑ New Avengers Vol 4 #3
- ↑ New Avengers Vol 4 #10
- ↑ New Avengers Vol 4 #13
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 New Avengers Vol 4 #14
- ↑ New Avengers Vol 4 #15
- ↑ New Avengers Vol 4 #18
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 U.S.Avengers #3
|Like this? Let us know!|