Toad appears in the X-Men: Evolution cartoon as an American teenager named Todd Tolensky. In the series, he is a member of the Brotherhood and a former classmate of the X-Men. He has a crush on Magneto's daughter, Wanda Maximoff a.k.a. the Scarlet Witch. He was one of the mutants who helped defeat Apocalypse in the series finale. He was voiced by Noel Fisher. In this incarnation, he shares a rivalry with Nightcrawler. In the subsequent Evolution comic, Toad made an appearance as a depressed and suicidal teenager who tried to drive a bus over a cliff, in response to the bullying he received; this effort was halted by Jean Grey.
- Superhuman Leaping: Toad's primary mutant power is the ability to leap to heights and distances far greater than that of an ordinary human. He possesses a degree of superhuman strength, particularly in his legs, which grants him his superior leaping abilities. He has a vertical leap of over 24 feet and a horizontal jump of approximately 36 feet in a single leap. No definite limit to his leaping ability is yet known.
- Superhuman Flexibility: Toad's unique skeletal and muscle structure grants him a wider range of motion than an ordinary human. He is extraordinarily limber, thanks to his unusually flexible spine and his tendons and connective tissues being twice as elastic as those in an ordinary human, despite their enhanced strength. As a result, Toad can remain in a constant crouching position and contort his body into unusual positions without injury or strain.
- Superhuman Agility: Toad's bodily coordination and balance are enhanced to levels that are beyond the human body's natural limits.
- Prehensile Tongue: Toad has the ability to extend his tongue up to 15 feet to ensnare objects and people. His tongue secretes his adhesive mucus, allowing it to stick to most surfaces. Unlike his mainstream counterpart, Toad's tongue does not appear to possess any form of strength, as he is unable to inflict very much damage by lashing his tongue out or constricting, and is barely able to lift objects heavier than 30 lbs with it. This may stem, at least partially, from his lack of upper body strength.
- Adhesive Mucus: Toad can spit a green mucus that can serve as a glue-like adhesive or a slick lubricant.
- Wall-Crawling: Toad's skin secretes an adhesive mucus that allows him to stick most surfaces with ease.
Thievery: Toad pick-pocketed several people during the Strategy X football game. He has also stolen Nightcrawler's image inducer multiple times.
A good deal above average in his lower body. His upper body is also quite strong, though not shown to be superhumanly so, as exhibited when he supports his entire body weight in one-handed handstands and other acrobatics.
Toad has no knowledge of hand-to-hand combat. Many people consider Toad to be useless due to his lack of creativity with his powers and his obvious lack of basic fighting skills. A good example of this is how he will simply insult an opponent and forget to look out for a very obvious oncoming attack.
- Toad's eyes turn red during battle.
- The original comics version of Toad has the real name of Mortimer Toynbee, but in this series the name is changed to Todd Tolensky. As with the change to Avalanche's name, this name is phonetically similar to his codename.
- In "The Toad, The Witch and the Wardrobe", Todd is disgusted when he touches soap, which explains his apparent odor.
- 30 Appearances of Todd Tolensky (Earth-11052)
- Minor Appearances of Todd Tolensky (Earth-11052)
- Media Todd Tolensky (Earth-11052) was Mentioned in
- 22 Images featuring Todd Tolensky (Earth-11052)
- 2 Quotations by or about Todd Tolensky (Earth-11052)
- Character Gallery: Todd Tolensky (Earth-11052)
- Characters killed by Toad
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|