The first time Doom attacked the Fantastic Four, he kidnapped the Invisible Girl and forced the other three members of the team to use the platform to go back in time and retrieve Blackbeard's treasure chest from the past. Doom hope the treasure contained inside would include the Merlin Stones, gems that would make him ruler of the Earth. During this trip, the Thing took on the identity of Blackbeard (meaning he had actually gone back in time to find himself to be the man he was looking for). Reed outsmarted Doom and brought the chest back to the present, not the treasure itself. In the struggle that followed, Doom was defeated and he abandoned the time platform, although eventually Doom built a second unit of it.
Later, Reed Richards read from a hieroglyph that there was once a substance which apparently restored the blindness of a pharaoh during a mostly unrecorded era of the Egyptian Empire. The Fantastic Four decide to use Dr. Doom's time machine to travel into the past and retrieve this element in order to restore Alicia Master's vision. In the past were attacked by an Egyptian army that take them prisoner when their powers failed them. Brought before their master, the Pharaoh known as Rama-Tut, they learned that he was actually a time traveler from the year 3000 who upon arriving in Egyptian times had lost his vision but soon restored it with a radioactive isotope from his ship and was able to conquer the area and rule. Hoping to entice the Fantastic Four to travel back in time he planted the hieroglyph so that he might battle the historic figures. The Fantastic For ended Rama-Tut's operation, forcing him to flee in his time ship. Upon returning to the present, Reed realized that the time platform couldn't transport radioactive substances such as the isotope they were seeking, and they returned from their mission empty handed.
The time platform was then relocated to the Baxter Building so Reed could study it. During this time a dinosaur accidentally arrived from prehistoric times while Ben and Johnny were supposed to be watching it and it was eventually captured and returned to its own time.
The Avengers used the platform to go back in time to Bucky's death in order to see if he had actually survive. At first they appeared in the past in spirit forms, unable to do anything but watch. The old Captain America and Bucky tried and stop the rocket from launching, but just as Captain America remembered, Bucky died destroying it. They then returned to the present.
Following Doom's disappearance following the Onslaught crisis, X-Force and Nathaniel Richards went to Latveria's Castle Doom to secure Doctor Doom's time platform before someone else could. As Cable was about to dismantle the machine, G.W. Bridge and other SHIELD members interfered, and in the commotion the time platform sent them into Latveria's past during World War II where they encountered Baron Strucker. When they returned to the present, Cable quickly destroyed this version of the time-platform before SHIELD could use it.
Using the time portal, Doctor Doom traveled to the year 1211 and became involved in a romantic relationship with Morgan le Fay in exchange for her tutelage in the mystic arts. This arrangement was interrupted when the Mighty Avengers came to Latveria to arrest Doctor Doom for crimes against humanity. During the battle, Doom, Iron Man, and the Sentry, stumbled through an open time travel portal, trapping Doctor Doom and his opponents in the past. Doctor Doom and Iron Man managed to return all three to the present, where the Sentry subdued Doctor Doom.
- Apparently Doom's early time machine was unable to transport radioactive materials.
- Initially, the machine required for an operator to be at the controls while the traveller is a different person. Later, Doom modified his own armor to incorporate the needed circuitry on it, so that he could time-travel and remotely operate the platform.
- In Captain Britain and MI-13 #10, Doom states he has studied under one of Dracula's greatest enemies, suggesting that Doom has traveled back in time to study under Abraham van Helsing.
- The platform sends its user to the very same point they were relatively standing on. For example, if they use it in a certain spot of Castle Doom to travel to the past, they would arrive to said certain spot. However, the position of Castle Doom changes constantly through the universe as time goes by because of the Earth's rotation and orbit, and the movement of the Solar System, and the Milky Way, and so on. Due to this, the platform also act as a "space machine," and can also be used to transport individuals through space instead of time, or both.
- No trivia.
- 163 Appearances of Time Platform
- 7 Media Time Platform was Mentioned in
- 3 Images featuring Time Platform
- Item Gallery: Time Platform
Links and References