Thori was one of the seven Hel pups born to Garm and sired by Hel-Wolf after the pair were left together by Loki. While his siblings inherited their mother's dutiful and loyal nature, Thori inherited his father's vicious and feral nature.
With Kid Loki
The litter was given to Loki as a Yuletide gift because Garm did not have time to raise them. However, the All-Mothers ordered Loki to find new homes for the pups. Together with Leah, Loki placed six of the pups with Mephisto, Gaea, Warlock and the New Mutants, Heimdall, Tyr, and a Midgardian animal shelter respectively. Unable to find a home for the final and most bloodthirsty pup, the All-Mothers ordered Loki to destroy him claiming that he was beyond salvation. However, seeing a bit of himself in the dog, Loki ultimately decided to keep it as a pet and named him "Thori".
While Loki was trapped in Muspelheim, Thori volunteered to act as a decoy to lead Hel-Wolf away. Instead, Thori betrayed Loki and led the Hel-Wolf directly to him. After the end of the war between the Aesir and the Vanir, Thori remained with Hel-Wolf.
With Angela and Sera
Thori accompanied Hela, Hel-Wolf, and the Dísir during their battle with Angela for the soul of Sera and control of Hel. During the Battle, Thori was trapped by Sera after attacking Angela. After Angela took over Hel, resurrected Sera, and abdicated the throne, Thori was reluctantly brought with Angela, Sera, and Leah to Brooklyn.
With the Odinson
At some paint during their journey, Thori was abducted by The Collector. Imprisoned in the Collector's Museum, Thori reunited with the Odinson during his attempt to retrieve the Ultimate Mjolnir. Thori escaped with the Odinson and has remained at his side.
Thori is ill-tempered, extremely aggressive, fiercely independent, and obsessed with death and destruction.
Thori is a Hel-Hound with the powers and abilities including:
- Pyrokinesis: Thori and his littermates can exude flames.
- Interminensional Tracking: Thori has the ability to track beings across dimensional planes.
- Speech: Thori appears to be the only pup of his litter with the ability to produce speech. His speech pattern is usually threatening and grim.
- Intersellar Flight: Thori can travel through the vacuum of space without assistance.
- Enhanced Speed: Thori can move fast enough to keep pace with a Pontiac Firebird.
- He was named after Loki's brother, Thor.
- Interestingly, when Loki named Thori, his memories of Thor had been erased, meaning there was still a part of Loki that remembered his older brother.
- Thori was designed as a cross between "a Terrier, a Husky and a flamethrower."
- Since reaching adulthood, Thori's appearance more closely resembles a pit bull.
- Thori's favorite name for himself appears to be "Deathripper".
- 28 Appearances of Thori (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Thori (Earth-616)
- Media Thori (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 19 Images featuring Thori (Earth-616)
- 1 Quotations by or about Thori (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Thori (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 Journey into Mystery #632
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Journey into Mystery #644
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Angela: Queen of Hel #4
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 Unworthy Thor #3
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Thor Vol 5 #1
- ↑ Journey into Mystery #634
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Exiled #1
- ↑ Journey into Mystery #645
- ↑ Angela: Queen of Hel #5-7
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 Angela: Queen of Hel #7
- ↑ Unworthy Thor #4-5
- ↑ Unworthy Thor #5
- ↑ Mighty Thor Vol 2 #19
- ↑ Angela: Queen of Hel #5
- ↑ Angela: Queen of Hel #6
- ↑ Another Way to Breathe - Good evening! The Furst comic I ever picked up.... Tumblr (13 December 2015). Retrieved on 13 December 2015.
|Like this? Let us know!|