- Tis about time, it is, then... I was beginnin' t'wonder when y'r actions would match y'r reputation! Sorry t'say f'r you , boyo -- my actions speak louder than y'r words!
- -- Black Tom Cassidy src
The X-Men initially clashed with Tom and Juggernaut at Cassidy Keep. He and Juggernaut were involved in many schemes. On one occasion Juggernaut sought to share his power with Tom, in essence creating two Juggernaut-like beings.
Tom somehow contracted a type of plant mutation. He sought to use Deadpool's healing factor as a cure. He later attacked Sean and Generation X in a partially transformed state. He was defeated by Banshee, and the source of the plant was removed. However, when the X-Men later encountered Tom as part of the Brotherhood, he had become fully plantlike. Like the rest of the Brotherhood, Black Tom was sucked into Shen Xorn's head and transported to the Mojoverse, where they sold Juggernaut and Nocturne to Mojo and, in return, they were sent back to Earth.
Black Tom lost his powers during M-Day.
He blasted Dazzler of Excalibur, using technology to replicate his powers. Tom has since shown remorse for the death of Squid-Boy and claimed to have had his mind affected by the plant mutation. He also urged Juggernaut to recover his lost strength and return to his full strength, feeling that Juggernaut couldn't become reformed and pointing out that Juggernaut had yet to tell his new allies of his full past.
He was seemingly repowered, using his powers during an encounter with Deadpool.
|Power Grid |
|* Lower ratings represent depowered status|
Black Tom is a mutant.
- Bio-Organic Thermokinetic Blasts: Cassidy has ability to generate blasts of concussive force or heat by using wood as the focus for his power; typically a wooden shillelagh. Following genetic engineering, Cassidy could channel the energy he generates directly through the parts of his body that were grafted to a wood-like substance.
After being seriously injured by Cable, Black Tom's body was healed by an artificial wood-like growth introduced into his body. This substance initially served as a focus for his bio-blasts, and later gave him plant-control abilities. The substance was surgically removed after another series of injuries, reverting him to his previous look. Later, Tom underwent a Secondary Mutation which naturally recreated and improved upon the plant powers he used to have artificially. The powers granted by it were:
- Plant-Form Secondary Mutation:
- Plant Growth: Cassidy could grow to immense size.
- Superhuman Strength
- Healing Factor: Cassidy could regenerate damaged or destroyed body parts with great speed.
- Chlorokinesis: He could also mentally control all plant life within his vicinity.
- Plant Consciousness: He could distribute his consciousness amongst plants he controlled.
- Life-Force Absorption: Cassidy could drain the life force of organic beings.
Possible Genetic Immunity: Black Tom is highly resistant, if not immune, to Banshee and Siryn's sonic screams, and they are similarly protected from his bio-blasts; which is similar to Cyclops and Havok's sibling power defunction to each other.
His 'shillelagh', a wooden club.
- 83 Appearances of Thomas Cassidy (Earth-616)
- Media Thomas Cassidy (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 16 Images featuring Thomas Cassidy (Earth-616)
- 6 Quotations by or about Thomas Cassidy (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Thomas Cassidy (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Uncanny X-Men Vol 4 #12
- ↑ X-Force #31
- ↑ Marvel Team-Up #150
- ↑ Uncanny X-Men #460
- ↑ New Avengers #18
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 New Excalibur #7
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Deadpool Vol 2 #59
- ↑ Deadpool: The Circle Chase #1-2
- ↑ Generation X #25
- ↑ Uncanny X-Men #361
- ↑ Uncanny X-Men #410-412
- ↑ Deadpool: Sins of the Past #1
- ↑ Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A-Z #2
- ↑ Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A-Z hardcover Vol. 2
|Like this? Let us know!|